Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's with NBC Sports scrolling the results of the F1 race before the 4:00 replay?

I have to give NBC Sports credit for promoting the F1 race on Car Talk and Fox News, but those who tuned in at the end of the Indycar broadcast to catch the 4:00 F1 replay were "treated" to the spoiler of all spoilers! The scroll at the bottom of the page gave away the results just minutes before the race. Who in the hell made that genius decision?

By the way, the plug on Car Talk has to be the first time in history an auto race was ever promoted on NPR!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    its not a spoiler, when they showed the race live already
    It is not a tape delay, it is a replay
    NBC did nothing wrong
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The BBC plaster the result EVERYWHERE before they show their highlights programmes!
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    You can't beat the famous "if you don't want to know the result of this evening's goalless draw, look away now".
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did not know this subject was post already

How can you say it was not a spoiler? The live race was on at 4am for me i recorded it to watch later or watch the replay on NBC. why would NBC want to ruin a race that was going to be shown on their network? When f1 was on speed i never saw the results of an fi race durning a Indy race.

Makes no sence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    its not a spoiler, when they showed the race live already
    It is not a tape delay, it is a replay
    NBC did nothing wrong

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roykirk
    I did not know this subject was post already

How can you say it was not a spoiler? The live race was on at 4am for me i recorded it to watch later or watch the replay on NBC. why would NBC want to ruin a race that was going to be shown on their network? When f1 was on speed i never saw the results of an fi race durning a Indy race.

Makes no sence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got up and watched it at 4am
    and trust me unless you live in a sports vaccum, by the time you got up and perused the sports channels, that's all anybody was talking about, even on ESPN
    The idea that NBC should withhold that information, until you are good and ready to watch your "taped" replay is unrealistic

Here's a suggestion for you. How about at 3pm you watch your taped F1 race and dvr/tape the indycar race
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerkebi
    those who tuned in at the end of the Indycar broadcast to catch the 4:00 F1 replay were "treated" to the spoiler of all spoilers! Who in the hell made that genius decision?
    Joe Cocker with Mad Dogs & Englishmen - Cry Me a River (August,1970) - YouTube ailor: sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry mokin:
    May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    It's hard to avoid results after recording, so I usually avoid media sources until I watch the race or qually. Though I must admit that I saw the result of Vettel getting the pole at Malaysia on my home page before I watched qually... which is strange since the Yahoo home page NEVER had F1 coverage in the past that I noticed.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    It's hard to avoid results after recording, so I usually avoid media sources until I watch the race or qually. Though I must admit that I saw the result of Vettel getting the pole at Malaysia on my home page before I watched qually... which is strange since the Yahoo home page NEVER had F1 coverage in the past that I noticed.
    I tend to avoid twitter and any news site if I don't know the result. I don't turn the radio on in the car because the half hourly news sometimes mentions the F1. Last season I did have a result ruined by checking my Facebook because I had 'liked' a few F1 related pages. I unliked them and no longer have that to worry about, plus none of my friends or relatives tend to mention F1 on there. Nothing more annoying than having the result ruined lol.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Matter of fact I'll add that due to following Kimi's page on Facebook I managed to log in on my phone and saw his race result before the race. Doh!