Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Just for fun: The 2013 Rookie Of The Year

If you remember a few years ago, Maximilian started a thread titled "2010 new teams world championship" and I just helped to continue it, so for a bit of fun this season, id do a mini championship for this years 5 rookies

A few rules, the current F1 points system applies and the drivers must finish the race to score

Code:
    Driver         01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  TOT

Gutierrez      25  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   25
    Bottas         18  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   18
    Bianchi        15  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   15
    Chilton        12  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   12
    Van der Garde  10  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   10
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Gutierrez leads the Championship.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Great idea! I'll watch this championship with interest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice idea, but not really objetive isn't it?

How on earth can you acspect that Bianchi, Chilton, Pic and vd Garde will win this?

Do a chamiochip with Bottas and Guiterez in their own league, and then the others in an other league :-)

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I agree. The current idea is unrealistic. I think Bottas and Gutierrez should get one point per position better than 12th (so 1 point for 11th etc) and the bottom dwellers should get points for every position better than 18th.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I agree. The current idea is unrealistic. I think Bottas and Gutierrez should get one point per position better than 12th (so 1 point for 11th etc) and the bottom dwellers should get points for every position better than 18th.
    Not a bad idea that, im always up for negotiation, I just dont want to make it too complicated thats all, so OK then how about this

FINISHING POSITIONS: Normal F1 Points system for the top 5 applies (25-18-15-12-10) but the driver must finish the race to score
    QUALIFYING: 2 point bonus for Gutierrez or Bottas if they make Q3 while a 2 point bonus applies to Bianchi, Chilton and Van der Garde if they can get out of Q1
    RACE: 1 Point for each finishing position achieved by Gutierrez or Bottas for any position higher than 13th, the same applies to Bianchi, Chilton and Van der Garde for any position higher than 18th

So taking that into account, heres how it looks

Code:
    Driver         01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 BONUS  TOTAL

Gutierrez      25  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -     0     25
    Bottas         18  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -     0     18
    Bianchi        15  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -     3     18
    Chilton        12  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -     1     13
    Van der Garde  10  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -     0     10
    If that works for everyone then i'll go along with that
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I know it's still quite early, but the driver who seem to be distinguishing himself so far is Jules Bianchi. He's been well clear of his teammate and both Caterhams, and closer to the STRs and Williams than Timo Glock ever was.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    I know it's still quite early, but the driver who seem to be distinguishing himself so far is Jules Bianchi. He's been well clear of his teammate and both Caterhams, and closer to the STRs and Williams than Timo Glock ever was.
    You can't really compare Glock and Bianchi, as unless Bianchi Glock never had KERS or a car that was properly designed.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    You can't really compare Glock and Bianchi, as unless Bianchi Glock never had KERS or a car that was properly designed.
    I'll grant you the KERS comparison.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Scoring no points for a retirement is an incredibly harsh rule though. Even in the "new teams" championship everyone scored, regardless of whether they retired or not.

Someone asked, how are Bianchi & Co supposed to have a chance against Gutiérrez and Bottas... Well, if they happen to retire a few occasions, then they have a chance.

By the way, I thought it was a pretty impressive performance by Bottas today - he almost scored points.