Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Nick to Toyota and Ralf to BMW?

That's what they are speculating at the moment anyway.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...05101248.shtml
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Two observations:

1) The source is the ever so reliable "Bild" newspaper.
    2) This would only happen if Mario decides to dump Nick. Now considering he has recently hailed him as a future world champion, this is somewhat unlikely.

I'm not denying Toyota would have launched a bid, but I see no reason why Nick would leave a team definitely on the rise by his own accord.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Two observations:

2) This would only happen if Mario decides to dump Nick. Now considering he has recently hailed him as a future world champion, this is somewhat unlikely.

I'm not denying Toyota would have launched a bid, but I see no reason why Nick would leave a team definitely on the rise by his own accord.

Or why any team would be interested in Ralf.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    That kind of speculation has existed already since late 2006, so I think it has some evidence.

Well. For Heidfeld BMW would be the best perspective. Not impossible that already in 2008 BMW will fight for the title.

I hope that this kind of exchange wouldn't take place as I rate Nick higher than Ralf and I hope that his career wouldn't be ruined as he at last seems to have well established in a good team. Unlike Ralf Nick has never driven in a team that is able to challenge for the title and I'd really like to see, what can he do in a top car.

I suspect that unlike BMW Toyota won't be a serious threat for title contenders in the next couple of years either.

What concerns Vettel, then I suppose that he wouldn't be brought in before 2009 (unless he drives for STR in 2008) - more likely he will drive in GP2 in 2008.

And the last sentence from Toyota's perspective. It would be interesting to see some change there, but firstly they should get someone for example Ross Brawn to make the team more hopeful and attractive for others.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Or why any team would be interested in Ralf.
    Ralf is a good test driver. He was in Williams-BMW, when the team managed to rise into title contention and that aspect he can't be underestimated as he was partnered by a team-mate that hasn't been known as a "hard worker". Probably BMW has that factor still in memory and believes that with Ralf they can develop into title contention again?

In fact, all the Germans are known as good car developers - Michael, Ralf, Nick and Nico. Smart nation.

So I don't think there will be much difference between Ralf and Nico in car's development side. I suppose that the more initiative side is Toyota.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Let's be honest - hands up anyone who thinks Ralfie can win a WDC!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Two observations:

Yes, that was my first thought too.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Let's be honest - hands up anyone who thinks Ralfie can win a WDC!!

No!
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see Heidfeld moving to Toyota, but if BMW do drop him for whatever reason I'd be shocked to see Ralf taking his seat. I think it's much more likely Heidfeld will stay where he is. Not too sure about Ralf.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think that Ralfie's value lies in the name Schumacher. If his name was Schmidt, he would be Schidt!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout