Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: WRC4

Quote Originally Posted by lcd
    Go to game's option, before entering online and set everything off!
    so if i set advanced level in game options and then search for plays, I will only find players who have the same options turned on ?

The multiplayer has Indeed some Issues, but I think they will be fixed.
    they should because sometimes I get all the time, connection lost, connection to psn lost etc that's really annoying, i'm playing on PS3, don't know whether it's the same on PC or xbox ?

It has a couple of great things imo though:
    Points penalty If you disconnect all the time for those fooling around
    right, that's great feature, I noticed that once my 800 points was taken away for disconnecting

and a Disconnection percentage status,so everyone knows who are the naughty players.
    Please note that disconection status Increases/decreases, depending on your disconnections!
    I find those features quite novice.
    yes, that's true, but what in practise this knowledge gives me ? it only helps when I am the race maker and can kick player from the rally, otherwise I cannot do nothing, of course I may disconnect myself

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts

The same thing happened as with the previous games for me, I was fed up with it after four days... Need something new.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    The same thing happened as with the previous games for me, I was fed up with it after four days... Need something new.
    you mean the fact that in multiplayer even though you play with all aids turned off, other players have them turned on and there's nothing to be done about it whatsoever ?

one more thing, is there any way to customize things in the game on PS3 ? for instance, on PC people made a Loeb's car like he had for french rally, not the 'normal' DS3 wrc

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

I love the game! Feedback to come.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 249 Times in 67 Posts

So, if I get it right, this game only has new stages on three rallies...

Now why would I spend that much money on a game I already have?
    Ouninpohja!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    I love the game! Feedback to come.
    I am glad to read that ! Btw I love your avatar
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Have milestone been to the events or even watched a picture from them? It can't be that hard to make the scenery look like you are in RMC or Finland, or Germany or Argentina. If Evolution could make pretty good scenary for their WRC series over ten years ago why can't Milestone do it today?

And for the sounds of the cars, ambient sounds - who or what made them? They must have used popped pop corns for gravel-hitting-wheelarches and never heard a S2000 engine IRL.

I just can't get it how the game can be so far off in the most vital elements of a rally game - sounds and scenary?

I won't even get on to the physics. It's not that I hail the RBR physics (car too light) but this is pathetic. It's ON/OFF on throttle/brakes and you get zero feeling for the stages. Like drawing circles with a ruler. But it's OK since you have a smooth-3 mile wide stage to run without beeing at all cautios for rocks, trees, ditches, fans etc.

I would love if the game was "playworthy" - it doesn't need to be a true simulator. But ATM I would take my WRC4 for PS2 from 2004 (read 2004!) every day in the week. Try it and you will say the same...

Oh man...

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts

Let's see how the game will be this year, we have new consoles already, plus I think we might be surprised by who is developing the game this year.

Codemasters has been teasing two rally oriented games on twitter for this year, I think it's safe to assume one of them is Dirt 4 and I have a slight suspicion they might have been handed the WRC licence from now onwards.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts

Sadly I think the distributors of the WRC-license don't care too much about who has it, and the quality of the games. Therefore I suspect it will be Milestone who has it this year too. Codies are most likely working on a joint rallycross and rallygame, where I expect the rallycross part will have the official world rallycross championship license. Maybe the rally has the ERC? But please prove me wrong, there's nothing I'd love more than Codies with a WRC-license.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Sadly I have lost my hope on Milestone, and I too would love to play a WRC game made by Codies, before I am too old for that
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life