Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

first two races and look ahead

I must say this has already been a good start to this season, what with the new teams and rivalries. Porsche-Ferrari in Gt2(my favorite), and the great matchups in the prototypes. Only bad thing is no competition for corvette. Still though ALMS is continuing to get stronger and I for one can't wait for MidOhio. The field just grew another p1 for the next race so for those who like myself who belive the cars are the stars this is going to be a great year. Hope to see all ALMS fans at the keyhole in July.

David

P.S. Go #37

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    there are some things going on.

Autocon says they are gonna sell their old P1 Lola and appear to be getting a Creation.

Konrad Motorsport may get 2 Saleens and enter the GT1 class

also Racing for Holland may show up at Mid-ohio
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    there are some things going on.

Autocon says they are gonna sell their old P1 Lola and appear to be getting a Creation.

Konrad Motorsport may get 2 Saleens and enter the GT1 class

also Racing for Holland may show up at Mid-ohio
    Sooner the better, in all three cases. Let's hope Konrad beats the ****e out of the Vettes. Well, except at Mosport, you'll have a riot there if they get smoked.

Racing for Holland has never showed on this side of the pond aside from Sebring and PLM, IIRC. Cool to see 'em consider it. Oh, and where is the Pickett Lola again, and has anybody bought the other Dyson Lola.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Are they showing the first round on men and motors? I seriously hope so, but if not, where can i watch it?
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentJackson
    Sooner the better, in all three cases. Let's hope Konrad beats the ****e out of the Vettes. Well, except at Mosport, you'll have a riot there if they get smoked.
    I like the Saleens too but when they were running in ALMS I don't think they ever really got close to the Vettes. The Corvettes are just a dominating combination of speed and reliability, and you have to admire them for that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo
    I like the Saleens too but when they were running in ALMS I don't think they ever really got close to the Vettes. The Corvettes are just a dominating combination of speed and reliability, and you have to admire them for that.
    Absolutely I admire the dedication and pace of the C6-Rs and their crews, but it's getting boring when nobody else runs against them. Come on Franz (and Steve) get over here and let's see if a well-prepped S7-R can hunt those Detroit missiles......
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought of as a fool, then open it and remove all doubt." - Sir Winston Churchill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentJackson
    Absolutely I admire the dedication and pace of the C6-Rs and their crews, but it's getting boring when nobody else runs against them. Come on Franz (and Steve) get over here and let's see if a well-prepped S7-R can hunt those Detroit missiles......
    I think we'd need ORECA to bring a Saleen over to give the 'Vettes a run for their money. The last time Konrad run Saleens was in FIA GT's a couple of years ago and they were mid pack at best.

The Saleens getting a bit long in the tooth, its about time America had a proper Aston works team.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Harvick, do you have a link for a news story about Konrad running the Saleen? I'd love to see some competition for the 'Vettes as well, regardless of which team and what car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grassrootsracer
    Harvick, do you have a link for a news story about Konrad running the Saleen? I'd love to see some competition for the 'Vettes as well, regardless of which team and what car.
    Harvick post about Saleen isn't wrong, true Konrad may enter 2 Saleens in GT1, but he must find gentelmen drivers who pay for a ride
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D