Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Homophobia

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Arrow Homophobia

I've been thinking a lot, over the past few minutes, about homosexuality and all that it entails and provokes.

The most interesting aspect of it all seems to be homophobia. What provokes it? Is it at all rational or only emotional?

This is what I would like to discuss with you, dear fellow forumer, because I'm bored and have nothing better to do.

What's your attitude to gays, and homosexuality in general? More interestingly, why do you think you have this attitude?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Last time we had a thread discussing homosexuality it brought to the attention how backward some parts of the world are from the input here. It was even suggested it was attention seeking and that people chose to do it. Probably asking for a flashpoint opening this discussion again.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Myself and my friends are XXX. Those people over there are different because of YYYY. Kill them.

Sums up a good deal of human history.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Myself and my friends are XXX. Those people over there are different because of YYYY. Kill them.

Sums up a good deal of human history.
    Homosexuality is not the same difference as fans of different football clubs or political sights. It is antinatural sickness, degeneracy. No different than pedofilia, necrofilia, family-filia etc.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    Homosexuality is not the same difference as fans of different football clubs or political sights. It is antinatural sickness, degeneracy. No different than pedofilia, necrofilia, family-filia etc.
    Which is part of the problem. People like yourself who have views which are completely incorrect. Even if you were to characterise being gay as a 'sickness', then it can't be compared to the likes of peadofilia, as that causes genuine harm to innocent individuals. Whereas being gay does nothing of the the sort.

(BTW normally if you came out with such things you'd get an instant and permanent ban; however it's relevant to the debate at hand in this case, I would ask those who may be offended by comments in this thread to show tolerance to opposing viewpoints, even if distasteful)
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

I'd like to focus on the word 'antinatural'.

I believe there are over 1500 animal species that have been observed with homosexual behaviour. Are they also 'antinatural'?

If so, what is 'natural', i.e. 'of nature'?

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Whereas being gay does nothing of the the sort.
    Mark you know when the term homofobia was invented? When the homos began posing with it and aggressively spreading their views over the world, attacking everyone who disagrees with them! When they started making parades in big cities and started making political pressure from very high levels on countries who didnt allow them (let alone marriages and child adoption)! When they started paying celebrities to defend their views in public and movie producers to promote them. When they started sponsoring schools and kindergardens to explain it to fragile little kids as something equal to normal and modern! There was homosexuality all the time, it is mentioned even in the jewish bible and ancient greek myths, but there's not written anything about homofobia because there were not parades and massive propaganda.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    And this years tolerance award goes to...

No seriously. Be careful where you let something like that fall out of your skull, because it makes you look like a bit of a tool. Homosexuality is not a sickness. It is also not comparable to pedophilia or necrophilia, which are classified paraphilia, which homosexuality isn't. It is also not degenerative, as it is as old a humanity itself.

No your finest hour, there...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Homophobia

I'm not going to get wound up by Slowsons comments however backward and disgusting I think they are. I think it's frightening we still have views like this and no wonder we have so many hate crimes. I think I've found a use for my ignore list after quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think it's frightening we still have views like this and no wonder we have so many hate crimes. I think I've found a use for my ignore list after quite a while.
    You would be surprised how common SlowSon's view is in post-communist Europe. (I'm willing to bet a princely sum that he's an Easty, based on his comments..)

But let's not ignore, eh? Let's try to help.