Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Homophobia

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Since you have a fixation with those kisses I'll start the series:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    First of all I am well informed as to who the Tuskegee airmen were. How you deemed that I do not, based upon a question and pointing out the fact that the last of these brave men died is rather ambitious of you.

Secondly, you have your opinion but you do not have the right to make character assassination judgements.

It seems as though you and a couple of others have one goal and that is to create an argument. Don't read my posts. Simple as that.

If you knew how carefully the language used in medical studies you would not make idiotic statements such as the one above.
    Unfortunately it is those that are closest to medical studies and scientific reports that are the most skeptical. They are written for the purpose of peer review. Very often by post grad students. It is only the media and certain section of the public that take them at face value.

Interestingly most of what you have stated about me is true of yourself. Forums eh, simple point that the wording in medical reports from 30 to 70 years ago may well have carried bigotry within the words. (and inclusion of a well known example regarding racism in US in the 1940s) That was all.

I assumed you did not know much about the Tuskegee airmen, else you would have formed a link with the point I was making and the report you posted from 1944 - your whole point was to demonstrate that derogatory wording aimed against homosexuals (such as you used yourself earlier in the thread) was 'normal' in medical reports. My point was it might well have been 'normal' in 1944 - but it certainly is not now.

But I won't be returning to this thread as your accusations that I posted just to somehow agree with other forum members or that you are somehow being picked on, in itself is ridiculous. I'm quite capable of having my own opinions.

What you have avoided is what you have been asked over and over by others. Why do you think being gay is a mishap?

It is you who took my posts so personally and started on the accusations btw. It is all here to read back through.
    "Second place - back to normal" - Mikko Hirvonen Mexico 2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    To me it looks now like we've all been here before. Same donkeys too. Same quoting of medical articles, claims of character assassination, cherry-picking, not reading people's posts...
    I'm sorry I fell for it and didn't realise earlier.

Here's how that thread ended:

Funnily enough, I just got a PM

(which I shall dutily ignore... whatever :dozey
    Your choice.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Eurotroll, it seems that there are many people that have no sense of what a person is saying or referring to. There is no point in me addressing the post of Sproket where he/she decides what it is that I am thinking.

Suffice it to say and to you and BDunnell I hold no malice towards people of different sexual orientation. That includes all.
    If I offended anyone it was not my intent and I apologize to those that felt aggrieved.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    speaking of Heterophobia . . . . oh wait! wrong thread.

Not that there is one on this topic but it wouldn't surprise me.

So sorry, carry on. This thread aint lasting much longer looks like.

I'm going to focus on all these great FIFA worldcup qualifiers coming up.
    Vamos Colombia, Espańa y Argentina!
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Eurotroll, it seems that there are many people that have no sense of what a person is saying or referring to. There is no point in me addressing the post of Sproket where he/she decides what it is that I am thinking.

Suffice it to say and to you and BDunnell I hold no malice towards people of different sexual orientation. That includes all.
    If I offended anyone it was not my intent and I apologize to those that felt aggrieved.
    Of this I'm aware already, so there's no need to apologise; however, I simply don't understand how this squares with your desire always to stress that gay people have a 'serious anomaly' and related comments.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    . . . .

So sorry, carry on. This thread aint lasting much longer looks like.
    Sorry for my presumptuous behavior.
    If this thread is to continue in peace and some good is to come out of it, who am I to assume anything.

peace dammit!
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    One good friend of mine wouldn't exist if there wasn't homophobia .

Her father is gay , and led a double-life , as a professor at the university of Toronto during the week , and on weekends , was her father , in a suburban household .
    Had he been born perhaps just ten years later , he would never have bothered with that suburban life .

He was beaten for being gay .
    He was arrested for the same issue , at an infamous bath house bust in Toronto .
    It wasn't easy .

And , he considers her as his greatest gift , and despite all the hardship associated with being gay in that time period , he states he would not have had it any other way .

She is a published writer , and performance artist .
    "Confessions of a fairy's daughter" just played recently at our local United church .

It's not easy being green , either .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Of this I'm aware already, so there's no need to apologise; however, I simply don't understand how this squares with your desire always to stress that gay people have a 'serious anomaly' and related comments.
    I feel like there is a disconnect and you are of the impression and some others that I personally view homosexuality as a serious anomaly.Like the movie "Lost in translation" title of the movie.
    It would be true to say that every person born is an anomaly since no two are identical,not even identical twins even though they share the same DNA, they have different areas of their metabolism that are always unique.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I feel like there is a disconnect and you are of the impression and some others that I personally view homosexuality as a serious anomaly.
    Well, this was what you said, without (as far as I can recall — no time to look it up now) the qualification that it wasn't your own view, in one of your first posts in the thread.