Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I am not old enough to have seen those old timers in Indy 500. You do mention some of the best drivers ever. Among the recent transplants, Mansell's success in Indy Cars is probably more of a testament to his talent than a testament to the prowess of a more ordinary F1 driver. Also, Barrichello didn't do bad last year I thought. Still, doing laps with average speed of +200mph, drafting, and slingshotting is quite different from what F1 drivers do.
    In 93 Mansell came within a hair of being the 6th WC to win at Indy, in his first visit. There is a long list of F1 drivers I didn't mention, who ran well at Indy. There were also some who plain hated the place, but in general F1 drivers have handled themselves very well there, with no obvious "stupid mistakes".

Pino: Do you have any advice on how to cope with irritating advertisements, that intrude on the message space, and adjust original post into a vertical ribbon, impossible to read? An example appears a few posts above, at least on my computer.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Sorry I don't know how to help as I am almost using my mobile to access in here. Try Feedback Forum, our webmaster might help you
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    imola
    the glenn
    jerez
    portugal
    nurembug the long course
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmmm

the old Ostereichring (now the A1 ring) last used in 1987 before Tilke chopped it to bits
    Hockenheim- the old version with the long straights
    Kyalami- version last used in 1985 not the sanatised track from the early 1990's
    imola- the new version looks racier now they've taken out the chicance before the pitlane

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    Hockenheim- the old version with the long straights
    Do you mean the version used for the 1970 German Grand Prix, without any chicanes? That was like pre-chicane Monza: a slipstreamer's dream!
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyz_f1
    I'd like to see the European Grand Prix brought back, with Imola and Donington alternating as hosts.
    At one time (until the 1970s, I think), the title of "Grand Prix of Europe" rotated around all of the European F1 races. The 1955 Grand Prix of Europe was the Monaco GP, for example.
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by joeyz_f1
    I'd like to see the European Grand Prix brought back, with Imola and Donington alternating as hosts.
    I believe Bernie is against the idea of one country having 2 F1 races in the same year, given the expanded calendar. US seems to be the exception, but we haven't really seen the 2 new proposed races yet, and perhaps never will. Maybe it's his idea to make up for the dozen or so years without any US GP.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Adelaide, Austria (cos I got pi55ed watching that on honeymoon in 2003 while the Mrs had a Spa day and our daughter was subsequently conceived later that afternoon) and Turkey.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    TMI, SGWilco

But I'm with you on Adelaide. It was a brilliant track, Loved in the good old GrandPrix 2 playing times. A real man's circuit
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю