Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I watched the recent Top Gear episode where Hamilton was invited. Has hasn't been able to provide a coherent, logical explanation for his move besides that he wanted a change. The decision may have been made in an emotional context. I believe the day before he signed 2013 contract, his car failed on the track again with him leading the race.
    It might have been based on performance or it might have been based on personal relationships that broke down at McLaren. We just don't know. I don't think its a case of him not being able to provide a 'coherent, logical explanation' because he's not obliged to explain his true feelings or reasons. He moved employers and that's his business really. F1 might be a global sport where fans have a keen interest, but its also a business and most decisions are made in a secretive way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has this not been confirmed. Thought it had been but not checked out the rags lately. Pretty sure it's definatly going to happen as of last year

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Is there anything Craig Pollock has done that has not failed?
    "signature room for rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Managing Jacques Villeneuve and earning a lot of money out of it is the first thing that springs to mind.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Trolling F1 fans.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Managing Jacques Villeneuve and earning a lot of money out of it is the first thing that springs to mind.
    Well, I think we can all agree that that was more down to Villeneuve and his skills/name than Pollock.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Been wondering what McLaren would do, especially since when Mercedes started they made it clear they wouldn't supply McLaren forever. The return of McLaren-Honda would be the best outcome IMO. There was speculation for a while McLaren would build their own engines, perhaps they've decided against this for now.
    Moving suppliers is sensible, there is no way Mercedes are going to let a major rival have their engines for ever more - not the A-spec ones at any rate.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Moving suppliers is sensible, there is no way Mercedes are going to let a major rival have their engines for ever more - not the A-spec ones at any rate.
    No this is true. If Mercedes are serious about challenging for titles, they wouldn't want to supply one of their likely rivals I suppose.

It would be like I believe Ferrari used to supply Sauber & others with last years engines.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    McLaren deal still hasn't been confirmed but I don't know why they don't just come out with it. Surely the worst kept secret in F1.