Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

McLaren to use Honda Engines for 2015

Honda pulled out of F1 after years of poor results with its own team, which subsequently won the championship as Brawn in 2009 and is now Mercedes.

But the engine manufacturer has decided to return because of next year's introduction of turbo engines featuring energy recovery technology.

McLaren are first expected to race with Honda engines in 2015.

BBC Sport - McLaren poised to switch to Honda engines for 2015 season

It will be nice to have the Honda brand back in F1 just as long as they don't return as a 'team' any time soon.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Well the last time we had turbo engines running to a fuel efficiency formula in F1 a certain Japanese engine company dominated it, and did the same in Cart / Champcar later with the same situation. I said before that this would happen.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    McLaren - Honda That takes me back...

I hope that doesn't inspire them to hire Senna, though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad someone posted this I thought I was imagining things....could be interesting is this why Lewis bailed
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Cue Honda spending a proverbial butt load of cash this year and next year outside any restrictions and coming in with a rocket engine

Sent from the moon using a shoe
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Glad someone posted this I thought I was imagining things....could be interesting is this why Lewis bailed
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Cue Honda spending a proverbial butt load of cash this year and next year outside any restrictions and coming in with a rocket engine
    This is one of those situations where it could go either way IMO. They will either come back with one of the best engines or they will come back with an engine like we saw last time around. Perhaps Lewis didn't fancy taking the risk and knew more about the development coming from Mercedes for 2014 onwards? We just don't know. It may be a situation where Mercedes pulled the plug on supplying McLaren and they were forced to approach Honda to get back in the game. It could be that McLaren dropped Mercedes because the promise from Honda was just too good to turn down. I bet Jenson never thought he would be reunited with Honda so soon considering they nearly ended his career at the end of 2008 by pulling out. I love a bit of speculation.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    McLaren running Mercedes' turbo engine in 2014 would give them a handy benchmark to work against.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Terrible,

terrible,

sensationalist reporting,

with nothing so far to support the baseless BBC article title. Apparently, the only sentence in support of this outrageous claim is this sentence:

"McLaren are first expected to race with Honda engines in 2015."

and NOTHING else ...

It is made clear there is an element of speculation in this article. Are we not allowed to discuss topics that haven't been 100% confirmed then?

This has been a rumour for a long time now and various respected F1 journalists are also 'speculating' on this move which means it is open to discussion.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It is made clear there is an element of speculation in this article. Are we not allowed to discuss topics that haven't been 100% confirmed then?

This has been a rumour for a long time now and various respected F1 journalists are also 'speculating' on this move which means it is open to discussion.

We're allowed to speculate, and so are journalists. Though, they should clearly state they're speculating. Even writing something like "I have heard on important person say this, but if I told you the name, I would have to kill you" or "the new paddock rumors is .." would be appreciated.