Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Wor Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    5,637
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wor Thread

    Just trying out an idea. On 'Spicing Up the Forum', Airshifter suggested we have a section of the forum which is unmoderated. How about just one thread? We could have a few feuds settled here, and a few banned members voicing their grievances...

    Why not?

    If you're against the idea though, Mark and moderators, just close/delete this and sorry for the inconvenience!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    5,294
    Like
    293
    Liked 241 Times in 181 Posts
    I could be a good or bad thing, depends on how the members handle it. The forum that does it still moderates but with less restrictions. You for instance could get away with calling someone a douche or idiot for supporting brand or team X, but cursing and personal threats were still not tolerated. On that forum it worked OK because after a period you identify the hotheads that will never listen to any opposing view, and few members would bother to engage them.

    I don't spend much time in the racing forums other than the F1 section, but a lot of the F1 people are obviously very passionate in their views. It could just as easily spiral out of control and become a nightmare to keep in line.

    If you'd like I could PM you and insult you to within a fraction of my "forum life".

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    5,637
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    If you'd like I could PM you and insult you to within a fraction of my "forum life".
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a masochist.

    I just thought it might be a good idea to concentrate all the negative stuff into one place. There is bound to be some negative stuff, isn't there... Instead of it spoiling other, perfectly good threads.

    For instance, we could discuss here how BDunnell and Daniel merged into a 'BDaniel' on the Savile thread...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,105
    Like
    9
    Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a masochist.

    I just thought it might be a good idea to concentrate all the negative stuff into one place. There is bound to be some negative stuff, isn't there... Instead of it spoiling other, perfectly good threads.

    For instance, we could discuss here how BDunnell and Daniel merged into a 'BDaniel' on the Savile thread...
    A thread there was no need, in my opinion, to lock.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    5,637
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    A thread there was no need, in my opinion, to lock.
    I happen to share that opinion.

  6. #6
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
    Posts
    38,551
    Like
    76
    Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    A thread there was no need, in my opinion, to lock.
    I said calm down, and many posters, including yourself, basically said "**** you", so yeah it needed closing.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,105
    Like
    9
    Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I said calm down, and many posters, including yourself, basically said "**** you", so yeah it needed closing.
    Because, personally, I thought there was no need to calm down. Still, each to their own.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gadjo_dilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    12,355
    Like
    185
    Liked 326 Times in 282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    I just thought it might be a good idea to concentrate all the negative stuff into one place.
    Wow....When opening the thread I'd feel like opening Pandora's box.....
    Sometimes when I say "I'm okay" I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you're not".

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,341
    Like
    148
    Liked 185 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    A thread there was no need, in my opinion, to lock.
    I agree. It was fairly light hearted I thought, but perhaps it looked insulting to a none native English speaker? The Savile case is still very much in the news so its likely going to come up in conversation again when we learn of more evidence. Hopefully they will re-open the thread.
    .

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,105
    Like
    9
    Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I agree. It was fairly light hearted I thought, but perhaps it looked insulting to a none native English speaker? The Savile case is still very much in the news so its likely going to come up in conversation again when we learn of more evidence. Hopefully they will re-open the thread.
    Agree completely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •