Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

1 day to the start of Rally Mexico!! Last chance saloon for Pickems!!!

Healthy competition so far with 33 out of 59 entries picking Seb O as the winner. Defying current form and the trend for the last year there are 15 winner picks for Mikko (yep they nearly all go for Ogier and Latvala to FINISH behind him!). 8 for JML (now he's on gravel) and 3 for Mads.

Anyway nothing to be learned from recce so you may as well get the Pick done this weekend - Still awaiting leader rew's choices but as I've said elsewhere this is a wide open season and although I've gone for a Seb O win, Mexico is the type of event where one bad rock can make the result a lottery
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Still a strong following for Ogier growing. Surely on gravel if the VW holds it's got to be a 1-2
    I think the only thing that will stop this is a self -inflicted delay by JML -certainly not Mikko finding his mojo!

No picks for Block to be top 8 yet, funny that!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was a bit disappointed with the Mikko interview on wrc.com. Firstly he was talking about winning it, then it was like , 'it's not a life or death thing' - not exactly fighting talk. I'm sticking with my pickems though In the meantime I'm going on a hunt for Mikko's mojo!

Ogier isn't going to finish and JML will be off the winning pace as he doesn't yet know the limits of the VW, it's all logical. Well we'll all see soon, I'm properly getting excited by Mexico, first time I've been like that about a round of the WRC for ages. And if I'm totally wrong and Ogier storms it, I'll be supporting him all the way, he is good for the sport and I'm just really glad to see him back at the top level again.
    "Second place - back to normal" - Mikko Hirvonen Mexico 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    In the meantime I'm going on a hunt for Mikko's mojo!
    Well in order to find it you'll need to be accompanied by 2 small hairy-footed men, a dwarf, an elf etc. (you get the picture)
    It was last seen underneath a recumbent elk in the far reaches of Midtrollland (just outside of Helsinki).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Well in order to find it you'll need to be accompanied by 2 small hairy-footed men, a dwarf, an elf etc. (you get the picture)
    It was last seen underneath a recumbent elk in the far reaches of Midtrollland (just outside of Helsinki).
    I'm on it, just got to dig out my Led Zeppelin CD's to get me in the mood for the adventure. Hope Mikko appreciates the effort I'm prepared to go to.
    "Second place - back to normal" - Mikko Hirvonen Mexico 2013

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    No Loeb in pickems - weird.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

C'mon by my reckoning there are still about 50 entries still to come - doesn't matter how long you wait entries are closed and Seb Loeb is NOT available to be picked!!!

Woo hoo - we have a pick for a top 8 for Block (personally think Guerra is the better 'wildcard') and one pick for a Sordo win - I love the eternal optimism of fans!

Anybody who missed either of the first 2 rounds please don't give up - even if you didn't do well on both rounds to date with over 100 entrants the points will be well spread around and it isn't difficult to put yourself in contention as opposed to the NASCAR thread where with 11 entrants you are going to struggle to make up 400 points!!

Just to remind you (or if you missed the first announcement) 2013 WRC Pickem winner will receive a framable photo signed by one of the top crews from this year