Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If warnings go out then fair enough
    80% of my posts on F1 forum are warnings and requests to members...unfortunately
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I haven't seen one for a while Pino so it must be getting better, or its far too quiet to get anyone heated up.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I haven't seen one for a while Pino so it must be getting better, or its far too quiet to get anyone heated up.
    You're right, but I've been very busy with my personal life and as I am not confortable using my iPhone for moderation issues I tend to close an eye (considering the off-season) unless there's a big problem. I will be on my PC more often when season start, be sure about that
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    knockie, problem is that personal comments usually brings threads off-topic or even turns them into a personal fight between two or more members, that's why I don't allow them especially on F1 forum. Having said that you know me very well, everyone gets at least a couple of warnings before I give an infraction...let alone a ban
    Oh, you know me mate. It doesn't really worry me that much and rather amuses me

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    Thanks very much, Ben!

I must say that reading this thread has altered my original opinion quite a bit. Youse guys make some very good points. I guess I just miss the old times when we always had a couple of really intense political threads in Chit-Chat, and a couple a feuds raging in F1. It's true that I've never been one to offend myself, but I did find these very amusing.
    Just reach our to Eki and bring him back. That'll bring the heat back on. Eki must be right up there across the gulf from you. Not really far.
    Llibertat

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Just reach our to Eki and bring him back. That'll bring the heat back on. Eki must be right up there across the gulf from you. Not really far.
    You're right! We do need Eki -- the ultimate troll. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. If only I knew how to get in touch with him.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    If warnings go out then fair enough
    I can't speak for all of the Mods, but when I was doing it, I would send a warning PM (sometimes more than one, depending) to the member before any other action was taken. I would also send an explanatory PM to the member if I made any changes to a post or deleted it.

The other language issue, even in English, is slang usage, where an innocuous term one place is a nasty insult another. (I might have been the one who objected for the "poodle" reference - don't remember.) Sometimes you just have to go with "if it reads like an insult, than it must be an insult". One of the great things about this board, and sometimes a source of consternation for the Mods, is that it's very multicultural and for many members English is a second language.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Spammers and advertisers however are dispatched with immediate effect!
    Really?
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Definately need a few more posters.

I enjoy the banter. I think as long as people use a smilies to indicate banter as opposed to pure abuse, then its all good.

There are many old posters I miss. Although one is now back.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Maybe that is why all your posts disappeared? It was quicker and easier than sending out a warning!

I've got an infraction without a warning in the past, but the Moderator shall remain nameless. I sucked it up and moved on, even though I thought it wasn't deserved for the comment I posted. But please people, but yourself in the "shoes" of the Moderators, as it's not a simple task. Been there, done that, and it's not nearly as easy to keep track of as some people might think. Sometimes they have to remain proactive and dish out some warning and/or infractions to keep the train on track before the accident happens.

As a side note, if it is being considered by Mark.....

I go to a couple of forums that have a single section each that they consider the "War Room" if you will. They reduce the amount of moderation in those particular sections, but have a very visible warning that if you can't deal with more harsh discussions and arguments stay out. They still enforce basics and have limits on the stupidity they tolerate, such as language and taking the personal stuff too far. They also require that only registered logged in members can view the pages, so visitors and kids can be kept out of those areas.

Just a thought.