Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Fgp 2013

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

Re: Fgp 2013

Ha, I've been trying to build a team since the end of last season! I don't have any idea what I am going to do.

I can say that one team is complete. My son is going to join us and he picked his team (hint - his favorite color is red).
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

One Week Before We Begin!

I can't wait!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Mr Jones, when you're ready please post a new thread, so I can close this one and stuck the new one on top page, thanks !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team's new car has been delayed and thus the team will not be able to announce the 2014 line up immediately after the 2014 FGP thread is launched.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Ok, I'll stop posting on this one.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    rjbetty's Team Statement
    We would also like to announce that we are open to the possibility of co-operation with some of the other rubbish teams, as suggested by fellow team principal Jens. We have taken the motto"if you can't beat them, join them". Also, any sort of link-up with the series promoter's team could bring extra benefits such as extra finance for parties and suchlike.
    With now less than a week till the official announcement of the team, whose identity is yet to be relieved, Former Team Jens XXX has offered Rjbetty's Whatever-named Racing Team a co-operation proposal. Former Team Jens XXX wishes to sort out the details before the official launch of the team on Feb 14.

The co-operation proposes a couple of B2B deals, so possibly...
    - a double title sponsorship for both teams (like Marlboro was on Ferrari and McLaren in 1995), so they would be getting double exposure;
    - sharing the same windtunnel during the season, whose location is yet to be identified;
    - sharing the same reserve driver, who could test on the simulators (or just simple PC-game if a simulator hasn't been developed in either team) of both teams to be fully prepared to jump into the team, whichever needs him;
    - sharing the same team principal as the Former Team Jens XXX after sacking is yet to announce a team principal and is prepared to offer this role to RjBetty. We believe RjBetty is capable of running two teams at once;
    - sharing the same technical advisor, who is proposed to be Eddie Jordan. He demands a high salary, and with a potential double sponsorship deal we could make this happen. Certainly our team can't afford to hire him single-handedly!
    - sharing the same PR-person for post-race analysis. Or we can make a rotation schedule for that one.
    - lunch-meals and pre-race breakfast together at each race weekend to get a discount!
    - ongoing negotiations with Angolan Oil to supply oil for both teams and get double exposure.
    - and perhaps some other stuff I just forgot!

As it is, a lot of details need to get worked out... and less than a week to go! Perhaps we can make things happen?

Edit:
    Fresh new developments.
    - Kazakhstan Aeronautics company has offered us a double windtunnel deal in the middle of the Kazakhstan desert near the former atomic bomb testing platforms. An attractive deal we could accept?
    - Papua New Guinea "traditional hat-makers" company is interested in double sponsorship. As F1 is getting more green with ERS, they think the greener racing is a good platform for marketing their hats, which are also straight from the nature.
    - both Gianni Morbidelli and Ricardo Rosset have expressed interest in the "double reserve driver" role. Also Gaston Mazzacane has sent his application. Who do we prefer? Anyone else on the cards?

Edit2:
    In case RjBetty's Team refuses to co-operate under these proposals, we are open to co-operating with another team! One thing is sure, we very much prefer and need a co-operation to get this team running. For example, we don't have a windtunnel and renting a wind-tunnel full-time is way too expensive, so we would very much prefer to share it by using it half-time. Also our CFD car design programmes are outdated, so we are interested in sharing the technology, analysts and designers.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

rjbetty's team statement

We are open to co-operation with Jens Racing Team, but on condition that Ricardo Rosset not be allowed near the car - we don't want another season like 2013! We like Mazzacane though since he really wasn't too shabby. But we would love by far to have Gianni Morbidelli, even as a race driver. Better yet, if Christian Fittipaldi is free, we would like to sign him for the 2nd seat. If this happens, our team name will be 90s Retro Midfield F1 Team sponsored by Parmalat, cos you can't get much more 90s than that. We would also take delivery of a customer Ford engine.

We are unable to afford a simulator, so drivers will have to use Grand Prix 2 using DosBox on rjbetty's laptop. We feel this is probably better than some teams' simluators anyway.

Press Releases will be released pending rjbetty's availability as the team boss might be going back to work next week. Also depends on the keyboard working (must be a problem with the laptop port itself as this 'board is new!)
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Negotiations with Gianni Morbidelli are at an advanced stage and our team very much agrees with RjBetty's statements that he would be an excellent choice given the circumstances. Also Gianni feels very comfortable about the prospect of doing simulator work on GP2. When he was younger and active in F1 circles, GP2 was a completely new and advanced sim racing technology and he in fact practiced a lot there before taking up Sauber 1997 race drive gig. Gianni Morbidelli claims he knows all the necessary setups for each circuit in Grand Prix 2 by heart and hence can put in an efficient work effort in preparation for Grands Prix.

Former Team Jens is considering an upgrade to Grand Prix 3 in the team's simulator. The team is unable to finance the purchase of all-new powerful computers, which can afford running F1 2010 to F1 2012 games, so Grand Prix 3 looks like a decent solution among the options the team can afford and make work.

However, if we put teams finances together with double sponsorship & exposure deals, it may not be impossible we could purchase an all-new computer, which we could share and which is multifunctional - it can be used by drivers for simulator work, but it can also be used by designers to work with newer CFD programmes to design an aerodynamically efficient car, which we are also currently unable to do with our outdated technology.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Based on a suggested union of two rivals looking to gain the services of Morebidelli, it has been suggested that AHRT might try to sign John Surtee's as test driver for 2014.

Anyway as the last post I may make on the FGP2013 thread, I wish you all well and see you in the 2014 thread.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy