Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Heidfeld: Ferrari are 1.5 seconds quicker than the rest

While commenting on the new floor flexibility tests Nick told reporters:

<<"I don't expect any issues with us," he told Autosport. "I don't expect any big change for anyone, including Ferrari.

"They are one and a half second quicker than anyone, and changing the floor does not take that away." >>

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...035738,00.html
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    While commenting on the new floor flexibility tests Nick told reporters:

<<"I don't expect any issues with us," he told Autosport. "I don't expect any big change for anyone, including Ferrari.

"They are one and a half second quicker than anyone, and changing the floor does not take that away." >>

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...035738,00.html
    Sure, i think that all discussion about the floor is a bit over dimensioned, but it’s difficult to believe that Ferrari is so much as 1,5 sec faster than al the other cars - 0,5 second is more realistic during race and even less in the quali. Also BMW is in a “podium shape” today I think. If Kimis engine don’t get broken is he my favourite to win otherwise it will be Massa (I hope) . but everything outside a win should of course be a disappointment for the all Ferrari fans, I think.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    1.5 sec a lap faster than everyone else is a bit optomistic IMHO. The next few races will reveal the real gap soon enough
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If that was the case, then Ferrari should have lapped even the second place...That didn't happen, because it's more like .5 of a sec.
    Senna. The GREATEST champion racing world has ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by 93VTEC
    If that was the case, then Ferrari should have lapped even the second place...That didn't happen, because it's more like .5 of a sec.
    But that pre-supposes that Kimi ran at his ultimate pace for every lap, and as far as I can remember no driver has ever done that when they didn't have to. As Jackie Stewart once said, the art of racing is to win as slowly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    1.5 sec a lap faster than everyone else is a bit optomistic IMHO. The next few races will reveal the real gap soon enough
    As a Ferrari fan, I hope it isn't over-optimistic! Didn't the F2002 & F2004 sometimes lap that much quicker?

That said, I don't believe that Ferrari are that much quicker.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

As a Ferrari fan, I hope it isn't over-optimistic! Didn't the F2002 & F2004 sometimes lap that much quicker?

That said, I don't believe that Ferrari are that much quicker.
    I think was as much 2+ seconds at times in 04 in race trim (never looked that much in qualy though).

I dont think Ferrari are that far ahead, again, either, or at least wont remain like that when McLaren get a better understanding of the tyres. The oposition is just a lot better prepaired this year than in either of the last two Ferrari dominated years.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    [quote="tamburello"]
    [quote]

It is absolutely amazing how dominant the Ferrari hardware and management have been over the past decade.

I wonder how long their intimate knowledge of the Bridgestones will serve them in this one tire format?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    1,5 seconds is clearly overoptimistic.

Maybe Heidfeld tries to prove as convincingly as possible why he as a driver is unable to fight against the Ferraris. 1,5 secs is clearly too much for a driver to equalise the gap. And if BMW somehow manages to match Ferraris, then he will say that look, I did a miracle, matching a car that is more than a second per lap faster. :

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Heidfeld must be on DRUGS
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well for qualy pace for sure it was not the case, maybe they will do better tomorrow, not 1.5 though.

But hey Ferrari say they had no upgrade for Sepang.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro