Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    But they'll still show IndyCar? Not that I really follow or like Nascar, but I was a little surprised at the lack of coverage this weekend. Motors TV showed Nationwide on constant loop (the crash also ended up on the BBC), but Sprint Cup coverage seemed to be an hour's highlights on ESPN in the middle of the night.
    ESPN have the rights to show it- I suspect it will be scheduled around the football until June and then again from mid August onwards and anything else in between that is more high profile (which is probably everything)- wouldn't expect much live race coverage from them

NASCAR doesn't blip on the general media here in the UK except with something like the Nationwide crash or Princess SParklepony getting pole for the 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Response to my enquiry from ESPN:-
    Thank you for contacting ESPN. We are always happy to hear from our fans and subscribers.

We will be showing live and as-live coverage from the IndyCar throughout the season which means that it will be shceduled in and around the football season. Our next event will be on Sunday 24th March for Streets Of St. Petersburg.

Kind regards,
    ESPN

It's better than nothing I suppose, but as a die hard petrol head it always leaves a bitter taste knowing it comes off second best to football which I cant stand.

Sky may have channel hopped with Indycar but in the main it was always live.

For me it's not easy to avoid hearing the race results if coverage is delayed 24hrs, working away from home overseas during the week doesnt help me much either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddelbach
    Response to my enquiry from ESPN:-
    Thank you for contacting ESPN. We are always happy to hear from our fans and subscribers.

We will be showing live and as-live coverage from the IndyCar throughout the season which means that it will be shceduled in and around the football season. Our next event will be on Sunday 24th March for Streets Of St. Petersburg.

Kind regards,
    ESPN

It's better than nothing I suppose, but as a die hard petrol head it always leaves a bitter taste knowing it comes off second best to football which I cant stand.

Sky may have channel hopped with Indycar but in the main it was always live.

For me it's not easy to avoid hearing the race results if coverage is delayed 24hrs, working away from home overseas during the week doesnt help me much either.

ESPN UK have listing st pete live....round 2 at barber 0130 april 8 and round 3 long beach live at 9.45pm
    TKM kart racer:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right, subscribed. Goodbye bank balance...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car20
    ESPN UK have listing st pete live....round 2 at barber 0130 april 8 and round 3 long beach live at 9.45pm
    It seems that ESPN UK will be showing St.Pete live from 16.15PM with the race starting around 1700-1715PM, so around 45-60mins of pre-race chat before the race. Barber isn't live, but hopefully the WHOLE race will still be shown, even if it's around 0130AM on the Monday morning, and good news that Long Beach will be live as well. I'd prefer all races live, but I'll be happy if they, at least, show all of the races in full whether they are live or recorded.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GRW1983
    It seems that ESPN UK will be showing St.Pete live from 16.15PM with the race starting around 1700-1715PM, so around 45-60mins of pre-race chat before the race. Barber isn't live, but hopefully the WHOLE race will still be shown, even if it's around 0130AM on the Monday morning, and good news that Long Beach will be live as well. I'd prefer all races live, but I'll be happy if they, at least, show all of the races in full whether they are live or recorded.
    It seems St.Pete will be off at 11.40AM local time, so that should be around 4.40PM in the UK, so not around 5.00-5.15ish as I said before.

That said Sky Activities IndyCar scores last season were awful- in some situations less than GP2 determining was getting on the F1 channel- but I don't see them going the other way on neither on ESPN nor on any of the other channel. . . . . . .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think IndyCar will get more popular if it gets snapped up by a channel like ITV4.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmit612
    That said Sky Activities IndyCar scores last season were awful- in some situations less than GP2 determining was getting on the F1 channel- but I don't see them going the other way on neither on ESPN nor on any of the other channel. . . . . . .
    they will only go down- I'm not paying an extra £10 a month for IndyCar- I already pay for Premier Sports- but NASCAR is on every weekend pretty much until November, so I don't mind that as much (and they're showing the trucks this year as well). APparently last Sunday was a one off where there was no domestic football to show

although it had its flaws (part of the CART TV ritual was me shouting abuse at the TV about Eurosports incompetence) dear old Eurosport was the best option for IndyCar across Europe- nowadays with 2 channels even they might be able to schedule it properly. But the brain trust at Indy don't seem to look beyond they're own back yard and I'm not sure E=-sport would really be bothered about it now either

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Dose this mean that the Indy 500 is on ESPN as well. If so there will be 1 less viewer this year. Pitty really as its one of the races along with Bathurst, and Le Mans I look forward to watching each year.