Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GP2 in 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GP2 is a great series, but the series owners made it too expensive. So most of the teams are struggling financially, and that means lots of ride buyers versus drivers who really have a shot at making F1. Seems like future F1 stars in the coming years are going to be coming straight from World Series Renault, but I guess that's already been the case for years.

I met a funny idiot in the forum When i read a post he wrote, i couldn't help laughing for a long time, i just brought it here to share with all of you lol: The post is as follows: Hi All: I'm looking for some good ways to get 80%-90% off when I buy camera online. So far, I've been able to use Groupon and stuff to get to about half off. I recently found this blog post, and the advice seems okay: How I Got a Camera and Pay Practically Almost Nothing? However, I would love to be able to save even more than half off. I'm wondering if there's more difficult deals or good tricks to buy it for even cheaper. What do you guys do? Is there any way to save more? Thanks! lol....

I met a funny idiot in the forum When i read a post he wrote, i couldn't help laughing for a long time, i just brought it here to share with all of you lol: The post is as follows: Hi All: I'm looking for some good ways to get 80%-90% off when I buy camera online. So far, I've been able to use Groupon and stuff to get to about half off. I recently found this blog post, and the advice seems okay: How I Got a Camera and Pay Practically Almost Nothing? However, I would love to be able to save even more than half off. I'm wondering if there's more difficult deals or good tricks to buy it for even cheaper. What do you guys do? Is there any way to save more? Thanks! lol....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all I'm sorry that I said 'for' instead of 'in'!

But speaking off rubbish! What was the reason of Giedo's position dropping from first to second after Spain and Monaco? Is that reason not driving a Marussia right now?
    What position was Giedo holding from Monaco until the last race in Monza in the standing? I really think it was the second position don't you? I drive thorugh in the feature race for avoiding an accident (yes, for avoiding!!!) made that his chance of points that race and the sprint race were gone. The feature race in Belgium he was pushed off again by a other driver, wich cost him expensive points for the championship. When it wasn't for Bianchi he would be second easy in 2011, which is proven by your own schedule.

You say you were a journalist for F3000 and GP2 until 2007, well you never worked there when he was arround did you?

I think he and Pic deserve to be there, just as Maldonado, Bianchi, Senna, Petrov, diGrassi, d'Ambrossio and more of that kind of drivers.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lars75
    I think he and Pic deserve to be there, just as Maldonado, Bianchi, Senna, Petrov, diGrassi, d'Ambrossio and more of that kind of drivers.
    Deserve to be where? In F1? There are only 22 seats available at a given time and only so many drivers. You have given a long list of names, surely they are not all going to fit into F1.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoSociale
    GP2 is a great series, but the series owners made it too expensive. So most of the teams are struggling financially, and that means lots of ride buyers versus drivers who really have a shot at making F1. Seems like future F1 stars in the coming years are going to be coming straight from World Series Renault, but I guess that's already been the case for years.
    I agree that GP2 has become to expensive especially taking the current economic climate into consideration. Last year was really bad for GP2 imho, because there was way to many drivers that weren't F1 potential. And a title fight between Valsecchi and Razia was even worse than when Pantano won the title in 2008.

That being said I still think GP2 as a series is levels above WS 3.5, because GP2 is a lot more integrated in the way F1 works, with track, tyres, strategy etc.
    And after all WS 3.5 has given F1 Vettel and Kubica, whereas GP2 has delivered Rosberg, Hamilton, Pérez, Grosjean, Hülkenberg, Maldonado, and a couple of pay drivers.

But GP2 really needs to do something because a title fight between Coletti, Leimer and Sam Bird is just a repeat of last year - just not enough talent. And it's really weird that Coletti who is leading the championship hasn't won a single feature race. In GP2 terms it shouldn't be possible to win the GP2 title without winning feature races. I really hope it won't happen this year, because then the series would have to rethink its whole point system.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just heard that the race will be held LIVE on NBC Sports following the movie Senna...awesome!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndegroot89
    I just heard that the race will be held LIVE on NBC Sports following the movie Senna...awesome!
    great

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    GP2 is great because something needs to provide pay driver cannon fodder to struggling F1 teams. J/k

Realistically, if GP2 were to attract the top talent, the series has to become more affordable. Red Bull said that the reason they don't work with GP2 is because for the price of one GP2 driver seat they can sponsor something like 3-5 drivers in other series. So the drivers in RBR program simply leap from WS 3.5 directly into STR. Something similar happens at some other F1 teams as well (Williams, Sauber in 2013).

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    tha penalty on leimer was a phantom one for the british GP
    in replay from many angles you cans ee that collado lost his car and started psinning before leimer made contact. if anythig it was collado's loss of car control due to struggling with pace and tire degredation, and pressure that forced his spin and ended up with a minor collison. almost every lap prior and on that one itself he was flatspotting and struggling to keep the car in check. Its a poor penalty IMO
    you can't argue with results.