Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Giedo van der Garde gets 2nd Caterham seat

Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    well, Caterham has just taken a step back IMO
    Petrov really should have retained his seat, but hopefully he is off to Marussia, even though that is still going backwards down the gird

but back to caterham, cheap is what comes to mind. On paper, right now they have the weakest driver line up in my opinion.
    Some poor decisions being made over there.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    We all had such high hopes when the team first arrived didn't we. They had good drivers, people of substance running the team, and an approach that seemed to be putting them on course for midfield respectability in a few years.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I'm disappointed, to put it lightly, but we all knew what Caterham were up against. Pic joined Barwa Addax after Giedo had already been there for a season, and the Frenchman outpointed him despite getting DQ'd from a race. Pic had 3 poles and 2 wins to van der Garde's 1 pole and zero wins. But Giedo had a fair 2012 season and has already driven the Caterham a half-dozen times in FP1. Should be an interesting season for them.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Scandalous. Kovalainen and Petrov were both good drivers, and probably the best Caterham could hire right now. I am surprised they haven't kept at least one of them for the sake of continuity. I think Caterham will realize soon how hard it is to compete without an experienced driver in the lineup.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Caterham just went from having the best drivers outside the top 5 teams to the worst lineup on the grid. Shame.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Caterham just went from having the best drivers outside the top 5 teams to the worst lineup on the grid. Shame.
    Hmmm I would say 2nd worst. It's still not as bad as Chilton/Razia, probably.

But yeah, I have also lost respect for Caterham. It's not even about the driver decision, as survival has to be ensured; but more about the way they treated Heikki, and the way that Tony Fernandes seems to have lost interest after losing the Lotus name. That's a shame cos I've gotten used to the Caterham name and now I like it. It's still the same team and still means something.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Hasn't Tony Fernandes cut his ties with Caterham already? Last year sometime announced he would have nothing more to do with the team. Could be wrong and probably am.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is a little simple!

Giedo was leading the championship in the beginning of 2011 and was second in the standing up untill Monza (the last weekend) behind Grosjean. A drive through because off avoiding a coalition (how strange is that?) in the first chicane in the first race made that he had no chance off scoring any points in the 1st race at Monza and he finished at the end of the list. The second race he drove a very strong race but didn't manage to score any point either. This made his drop from second to fifth in the Championship standings! Also to blame on the insane actions of Bianchi that cost vd Garde some points during the season. With that points in his pocket he would still be second, even after a weekend like Monza.
    He didn't win any races, that's true. But he was constantly one of the main drivers througout the year!

Your vision is not even near the truth and there is more that meets the eye!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice
    I like Giedo, pretty good driver in difficult circumstances
    Hope he does well
    tifosigirl