Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Acropolis

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Guys i understant the dissapointment but it was impossible to be 3 full days with current economic situation.
    Be sure that even with 2,5 days spectators will have plenty to see and enjoy at Greek landscape.
    Friday night stage is cracker and must see by everyone true rally fan.Last year as i was on the road to night stage i said quietly to myself that ''ok its a night stage i go to watch it,cause i am not going to loose any day stage'' After some hours,i understant that i was so wrong!Night stage was magic,but i am afraid i can t describe the feeling.

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Guys i understant the dissapointment but it was impossible to be 3 full days with current economic situation.
    Be sure that even with 2,5 days spectators will have plenty to see and enjoy at Greek landscape.
    Friday night stage is cracker and must see by everyone true rally fan.Last year as i was on the road to night stage i said quietly to myself that ''ok its a night stage i go to watch it,cause i am not going to loose any day stage'' After some hours,i understant that i was so wrong!Night stage was magic,but i am afraid i can t describe the feeling.
    You mean 2 years ago! Indeed, the atmosphere in the night stage was fantastic!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

yes you are right Tolis was 2 years ago.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Fair enough. Although to me it's made the difference between thinking of going (which pretty much means I would have gone) to definitely not going. You lose a day and a half so for me it's not worth the effort of travelling and making do with the limited run....especially as I'm not a huge fan of watching at night stages (although I do think that every rally should have a group of stages in the dark).

Instead I'll spend my money on going to watch something at Spa.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Fair enough. Although to me it's made the difference between thinking of going (which pretty much means I would have gone) to definitely not going. You lose a day and a half so for me it's not worth the effort of travelling and making do with the limited run....especially as I'm not a huge fan of watching at night stages (although I do think that every rally should have a group of stages in the dark).

Instead I'll spend my money on going to watch something at Spa.
    Why not just relax one day more at Loutraki for a change and as a bonus. It´s a very nice place to visit and stay at as you might know?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    I don't think it is just a problem of cost and organization. Rally in Sardinia and Finland will be in 2 full days of competition, either Acropolis, Sardinia and stan Finland following the same organizational format, more compact race, we count that is a period for two events (Greece and Italy); where temperatures are extremely high and you can't run from 10 to 18 as in the rest of the seasons.
    I agree that it is exhausting, but with good organization can follow various races per day, and then the night and something exciting, fabulous.
    I hope to be able to be seen .... I love the dirt paths of the Acropolis.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Why not just relax one day more at Loutraki for a change and as a bonus. It´s a very nice place to visit and stay at as you might know?
    No such thing as relaxing when you try to do an event as cheaply as I do Last year we camped by the stages and only managed to have a shower on the Sunday, not exactly the best way to have a relaxing day. Like I said, it's not worth it for me this year and I'll get more from spending the money on going to other motorsport stuff instead.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    ...only managed to have a shower on the Sunday...
    btw that's not the cheapest way , you can get a bath each day, completely free, it's only it will be salty
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

At Loutraki beach there are showers at the beach for free.Next time you will watch Acropolis very clean.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    BTW in Bulgarian this could be play of words, we use "salty" also for "expensive" prises
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI