Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Acropolis

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Sad to see a great event like this cut back, makes me very glad that I went last year.

Still im sure the stages for this year will be great and worth the trip for anyone visiting.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    So who will come from forum?
    Remembering last years very nice trip and meeting with friends at Waves, going to a couple of stages together I really recommend you guys to visit Loutraki. For me I´m sorry to say it doesn´t look like a visit this year. I promise though I will be back one day to the lovely country and event.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Remembering last years very nice trip and meeting with friends at Waves, going to a couple of stages together I really recommend you guys to visit Loutraki. For me I´m sorry to say it doesn´t look like a visit this year. I promise though I will be back one day to the lovely country and event.
    this year if some forumers want, we can have a meet too at Waves.I will try to bring NOT too

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    this year if some forumers want, we can have a meet too at Waves.I will try to bring NOT too
    Well, well, well. What he might say about VW in Monte Carlo? Sick dogs I don't think so
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Sad to see a great event like this cut back, makes me very glad that I went last year.
    Yeah right! Including QS and Shakedown there are 16 stages this year, last year we managed 13 (at least those of us that put the effort in on Ziria did) and we could have seen at least one more as we skipped the Power Stage.

Would recommend Ziria to anyone that's going, the views from the section just after what was the stage start last year is absolutely fantastic. Shame that Thiva isn't on the cards though, there are some great spots in that stage. I suppose that the more compact route will make things much easier for those that don't like putting in the effort and miles to get around, there was one day where we went from Thiva to another stage to Bauxites, back to Thiva and then down to Klenia-Mycenae to camp ready for the next day that was a bit of a struggle, we must have spent about 8 hours sat in the car that day.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I want to come this year.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Thinking about taking my dad this year as its been a long time since he was at a 'warm' event. Reading the route today has come as quite a big disappointment though Losing a whole day makes a big difference to the trip for me. They are still good stages, so we'll see.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Compact rallies aren't necessarily bad things - as Sebasiten Ogier proved in Jordan in 2011, when he won by 0.2 seconds.

That said, perhaps the actual that are being used for this year's Acropolis could be better.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    For me dissapointing even I'm big fan of Acropolis. I miss the classic stages around Itea and the Friday action very short from spectator point of view (and in dark) and to much stages around Loutraki same stages since years. Maybe I will skip it and go to Sardinia instead.

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi all

Sorry I don't post here much but I'll try to go to Acropolis this year too.
    I went there 2011 and 2012. I love there. This year, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed to the stages.
    Seems not exciting compared with previous years.
    Yes very short for Friday... But Acropolis still must be great. I hope!