What's the story on Innes Ireland?

Oh yeah Prost is a very good one!

Here's a few recent ones I'd forgotten all about:

NICK HEIDFELD, RENAULT 2011
Made a scapegoat. Heidfeld's qualifying was extremely disappointing it had to be said, but his race performances were quite good. While I agree with Eric Bouiller that Heidfeld's driving and attitude were sadly not up to the level hoped for, Bouiller only seemed to make things worse by his treatment of Nick. The move to replace him with Bruno Senna almost cost the team 5th in the WCC.

JAIME ALGUERSUARI, TORO ROSSO 2011
This one is even worse, and I'd probably include Sebastien Buemi as a footnote here too. Jaime claimed to have been offered a drive elsewhere but wanted to stay with Toro Rosso (but then surely if that were really true, he'd have taken it?). He was told he would be staying on for 2012, only for Dr Marko to change his mind after the season had ended and seats elsewhere had been filled. In hindsight, Toro Rosso would surely have been much better off retaining Jaime to benefit from his experience and continuity and to be a known quantity for Ricciardo to be measured against. Vergne proved that he might have been better served continuing in a junior formula for at least 1 more year.

CHRISTIAN KLIEN, RED BULL 2006
Another one involving Dr Marko. David Coulthard spoke out against this one as even he felt Christian wasn't really given a fair chance/enough time. Having been running ahead of DC in Monaco until late on (he finished 3rd remember), Christian was really only a couple of tenths of Coulthard's level which wasn't bad. But then again Kimi had established himself ahead of a younger DC by that stage of his career. Even so, it seemed a bit harsh indeed to not even let Christian see out the season, especially when his replacement was only Robert Doornbos.

HEIKKI KOVALAINEN, RENAULT 2007
Now this is one I would like to hear more about as I fail to understand how this went. I don't really see how Kovalainen had a disappointing season considering he beat his experienced team-mate pretty convincingly in only his 1st season. I know he struggled at the start, but surely that can be forgiven since Renault had produced a very horrible car, which was reasonably unexpected to be that bad. Though his season was certainly overshadowed by Lewis Hamilton's, I can only reason that Heikki must have been shown the door because Flav and Alonso felt that competition from him would be too much to bear after 2007. 'Fernie' wanted it easy with Piquet while he tended to his wounds...