Page 56 of 340 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    wait for it I guess
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    hmmm interesting talk. Tnx guys
    But... what could WRC learn from WRX? Its totally different.
    I just watch those three 30min highlights from WRC on RedBullTV (or at my local cable tv [Brazil - FoxSports] during the week after following results on twitter.
    Im about to sign WRC+ to see how it is. But I dont think I have free time during weekends to watch it for more than... 1hour? (yes, working on weekends)
    IDK how WRC could improve its product on TV or internet. Its complicated...

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    IDK how WRC could improve its product on TV or internet. Its complicated...
    To be honest, it's rather easy. They just need to start fixing their mistakes.

1. Redesign the website and fix the built in delay of splits. WRC+ perks should be the live tracking, entire collection of onboards, previews/reviews/specials and live broadcasts.

2. Better coverage of the feeder categories.

3. Fire the live broadcasts director or the producers who came up with that hideous idea to include random interview segments to live stages.

4. Rethink the entire internet marketing (from used photos to posted official videos/onboards to actually endorsing fan generated content)

5. Improve on filming locations. Currently the only film crew who gets awesome shots is the crazy helicam guys. Drone is nice but I still think it's more of a gimmick when it comes to filming stage action. Obviously onboard camera positions aren't great either.

I really don't know what they should fix first.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: leighton323 (9th September 2016),Rally Power (10th September 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    The onboard camera position is largely caused by new FIA safety requirements after one accident when the camera got loose (I think it was with Bertelli).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    The art of braking, with Jari-Matti Latvala

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsp...art-of-braking

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The onboard camera position is largely caused by new FIA safety requirements after one accident when the camera got loose (I think it was with Bertelli).
    That'a rubbish because it's quite easy to secure them a little extra to keep that from happening.
    They used the smaller bullet one in Breen's car in Finland which seems to have a little lower frame rate than the big one in the front window but still ok. What brand was it again?

You can see it all the way at the top, just get it 10 cm lower. Maybe they could add a little piece to the roll cage to make it easier to mount with no extensions. Roll cage in Mats Lysen's RX car was perfect, just straight on with the Gopro roll cage mount.

(Listen with headphones, it's so good!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6XgTkd7C0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How can the position of the camera affect the fact that it got loose ? usually when something is getting loose if because of the support not the position.

9. Likes: Rallyper (10th September 2016),tommeke_B (10th September 2016)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    30 days WRC+ for FREE if you sign up this weekend on wrcplus.com using Promo Code SUMMER16
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

11. Likes: GravelBen (10th September 2016),Rally Power (10th September 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    That'a rubbish because it's quite easy to secure them a little extra to keep that from happening.
    They used the smaller bullet one in Breen's car in Finland which seems to have a little lower frame rate than the big one in the front window but still ok. What brand was it again?

You can see it all the way at the top, just get it 10 cm lower. Maybe they could add a little piece to the roll cage to make it easier to mount with no extensions. Roll cage in Mats Lysen's RX car was perfect, just straight on with the Gopro roll cage mount.

(Listen with headphones, it's so good!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6XgTkd7C0
    I just described how the situation is. Last year in Barum scrutineering FIA stewards moved cameras in many cars because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    How can the position of the camera affect the fact that it got loose ? usually when something is getting loose if because of the support not the position.
    They want to have cameras in positions where they can't hit the crew when they get loose.

It's not that I agree with that. I just wrote the reason why the camera positions are often rubbish in onboards.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Time for someone who smells money to make some system that can be approved by FIA... Onboard videos where the camera is placed more to the back of the car are so much more enjoyable to watch. You get the feeling of the car in relationship to the road 10 times more than when the camera is sitting just behind the windscreen. I don't understand why the promotor is just leaving things like they are right now...