Page 55 of 335 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Plus if you're a privateer in WRX you get far more screentime and exposure for sponsors. Anyone who watched the Loheac coverage last weekend could see that. WRC Promoter could learn a lot from WRX.
    Maybe also compare those privateers performances to those of the current privateers in WRC. Petter Solberg sure got a good exposure during the years he was a privateer in WRC... And apart from once in Monte Carlo, I think Robert Kubica also got a decent exposure, according to how the results were.

Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Imho, RX are a lot easier to enter due to technical regulations. Do they need to do all the homologation work like in WRC? Cars are simpler to some degree. Also, as mentioned previous, events are held on closed and very similar tracks, so no logistical challenges and testing all around the world. It quickly adds up the expenses.
    Yet there are no such difference in team size and budget, so we have a lot of even teams you can try to match. Not like VW in wrc, where you need to be international mammoth company to rival them.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Maybe also compare those privateers performances to those of the current privateers in WRC. Petter Solberg sure got a good exposure during the years he was a privateer in WRC... And apart from once in Monte Carlo, I think Robert Kubica also got a decent exposure, according to how the results were.
    Well technically Petter Solberg is a privateer now in WRX. So obviously coverage increases with good results - in any sport. But in the last WRX round they were showing real local privateers and full races featuring their cars. More TV time in one two-hour broadcast than maybe Al Rajhi gets in an entire season. And let's be honest the only reason he gets airtime is when he crashes - which isn't really something you can pitch to sponsors.

They also show dedicated broadcasts for support championships on social media. Really next-level stuff. But this is a separate debate I think.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    And let's be honest the only reason he gets airtime is when he crashes - which isn't really something you can pitch to sponsors.
    You're so right, but I think this is just a tendency in promoting the sport. Ogier got airtime in NORF when he actually - spun.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Well technically Petter Solberg is a privateer now in WRX. So obviously coverage increases with good results - in any sport. But in the last WRX round they were showing real local privateers and full races featuring their cars. More TV time in one two-hour broadcast than maybe Al Rajhi gets in an entire season. And let's be honest the only reason he gets airtime is when he crashes - which isn't really something you can pitch to sponsors.

They also show dedicated broadcasts for support championships on social media. Really next-level stuff. But this is a separate debate I think.
    WRC is clearly oriented on the manufacturers and their marketing needs and as such it gives them most attention. Major manufacturers don't use RX to some greater extend as their marketing tool and therefore it's not so much oriented on them.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: BicioWrc (8th September 2016),Simmi (8th September 2016)
    You sure? So if VW won't get top 5 result in some rally, they'll still get the airtime proportion equal to the the proportion budget they spend in WRC? Hmm, I don't think so....

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    You don't seem to understand but whatever.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    You sure? So if VW won't get top 5 result in some rally, they'll still get the airtime proportion equal to the the proportion budget they spend in WRC? Hmm, I don't think so....

I agree, I don't understand wrc at all. Just watch it for fun.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I agree, I don't understand wrc at all. Just watch it for fun.
    Oh come on, I wanted to see some battle over here.