Page 316 of 340 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3395
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    So after what Rally Kalle will secure his second title? After Greece or Chile?
    Soon, very soon..

Sent from my CPH2493 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    So after what Rally Kalle will secure his second title? After Greece or Chile?
    If I had to guess, Chile; last year he 'only' took the championship after NZ with 2 rounds remaining and he held a much larger advantage. He'll probably have an off like Ypres last year in the next few rallies. All guesses of course.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Disasterous for Lancia as it is, but as i understand Loebs season is over, maybe this will free some time for a wrc start maybe? (dreaming big i know) but it may be a possibility?

4. Likes: cali (23rd July 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Disasterous for Lancia as it is, but as i understand Loebs season is over, maybe this will free some time for a wrc start maybe? (dreaming big i know) but it may be a possibility?
    Probably won’t as long as Tänak is there, I presume.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

6. Likes: cali (23rd July 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I was thinking about the current WRC situation. Fans complain, no new manufacturers are interested, popularity is low in social media etc

I reached the conclusion that rallying in general is a great sport to watch from close, to be on the mountains and witness the spectacle and the sound BUT it is not so exciting to watchf from TV/phone/tablet.
    And unfortunately, we live in the social media era, and this is a problem (the promoter must solve).

What is your opinion on this?

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    I was thinking about the current WRC situation. Fans complain, no new manufacturers are interested, popularity is low in social media etc

I reached the conclusion that rallying in general is a great sport to watch from close, to be on the mountains and witness the spectacle and the sound BUT it is not so exciting to watchf from TV/phone/tablet.
    And unfortunately, we live in the social media era, and this is a problem (the promoter must solve).

I am long time rally fan, since ealry 80th in one or other form of intensity and interest level. Excitement, personalities, nice cars.... there are plenty of issues. But the main thing - it had become too corporate, rounded, predictable, especially through the screen (as mentioned above). There is no fix to it, just turning some tides and directions to try smth new. Rallying is not F1 with all those set-formats; allow freedom to organizers, work to create real competition, look for new and interesting ideas rotate rallies to get new territories.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Several wiews on this.

The cars: todays cars is insane, both in speed, spectacle, and price.
    To few teams, cars and drivers, no privaters, no talents got seats.
    This ruleset kills the sport, its not working at all. People wants competition, someone they can sheer on. Its hard to say, but its not like that these days.

A Rally2 based championship going to be much nicer, if FIA also open for private team can build new models, we are back to the fantastic Gr.A times again.
    Of course the factoryteams going to have the egde, but some local heros and real talents has a possibility to shake things up.

Social media: its just matter of time before the rush for social media is over.
    Its already quite visible that its going downwards, my kids hardly use it anymore (17 & 20 yrs) tiktok is for dancing 12yrs girls, no serious provider bother of using this kind of SoMe.
    Facebook and Instagram can stil be used to "spread the word", but i think the only solution is good and easy to find websites with free stuff, not everything of course, but enough that new fans find it and can discover it without the need to pay.

And, the most important, get it on television again. Lots of people use that plattform, but as streaming via a "smart" solution.

Why not a "drive to survive" kind of consept on some streaming-plattform? And ofcourse the races on the same plattform.
    Use YouTube to gather interest, some good sum-up videos from the races, background stories etc.

If you have a Rally2 based championship, both the regulars and the talents/local heroes is in the show, build up the exitment before the races with good stories, easier for the upcoming drivers to get sponsors, since they get visible "on air", present the local heroes and up&coming drivers so people get to know them proper before races, etc

Still keep the WRC+ plattform, but use all the other mentioned above to gather interest and new users/fans.

Maybe also get rid of the manufacturer rules, thats not helping the sport.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    [QUOTE=skarderud;1329636]Several wiews on this.

The cars: todays cars is insane, both in speed, spectacle, and price.
    To few teams, cars and drivers, no privaters, no talents got seats.
    This ruleset kills the sport, its not working at all. People wants competition, someone they can sheer on. Its hard to say, but its not like that these days.

A Rally2 based championship going to be much nicer, if FIA also open for private team can build new models, we are back to the fantastic Gr.A times again.
    Of course the factoryteams going to have the egde, but some local heros and real talents has a possibility to shake things up.

Social media: its just matter of time before the rush for social media is over.
    Its already quite visible that its going downwards, my kids hardly use it anymore (17 & 20 yrs) tiktok is for dancing 12yrs girls, no serious provider bother of using this kind of SoMe.
    Facebook and Instagram can stil be used to "spread the word", but i think the only solution is good and easy to find websites with free stuff, not everything of course, but enough that new fans find it and can discover it without the need to pay.

And, the most important, get it on television again. Lots of people use that plattform, but as streaming via a "smart" solution.

Why not a "drive to survive" kind of consept on some streaming-plattform? And ofcourse the races on the same plattform.
    Use YouTube to gather interest, some good sum-up videos from the races, background stories etc.

If you have a Rally2 based championship, both the regulars and the talents/local heroes is in the show, build up the exitment before the races with good stories, easier for the upcoming drivers to get sponsors, since they get visible "on air", present the local heroes and up&coming drivers so people get to know them proper before races, etc

Still keep the WRC+ plattform, but use all the other mentioned above to gather interest and new users/fans.

Maybe also get rid of the manufacturer rules, thats not helping the sport.

I agree with most of this.

With the penalty for Tanak this rally started with 4/5 competitive cars in Rally1, that is useless for driving the sport forward. Even though 8 Rally1 cars were entered, 2 of them are currently a waste of seat and Suninen was first time in the car.

Rally2 (or similar) rule set would work, the quality/depth of the field would increase dramatically and it would be possible to run a semi-factory privately backed team with a possibility to compete.

Not sure about the Drive to Survive style programme, I think they need to get the championship back on track first before that kind of thing will become popular.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (24th July 2023),skarderud (24th July 2023)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post

I think the "promoter" is failing miserably at doing that. Although there are unquestionably far bigger issues to deal with, just a thought with regards social media and spreading visibilty of the WRC. A simple enough way of trying to improve social media would be to make use of fan recorded clips in my opinion.

Here in Ireland there is a competition on a lot of rallies where fans send in there own recorded videos and the most viewed clip wins rally merchandise. Fans capture far more of the action than the official footage does and it certainly helps spread the most exciting moments to a wider audience. Also all the videos are in the one place so easy to find so you almost inevitably watch many clips instead of just one or two.
    If the WRC had something like that to help bring videos like those below together and spread them to a wider audience I think it would do more for the promotion of the sport than some of the rather repetive and almost sterile coverage that is used. Just the sound of the cars and spectator reactions beats the commentary almost every time on short videos like these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VkVb66ZgN8
    https://twitter.com/paddocknews/stat...01322761347076

13. Likes: AndyRAC (24th July 2023),cali (24th July 2023),jcevc (25th July 2023),Jewy46 (25th July 2023),TWRC (25th July 2023)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Rally2 for more competition and all that is good, but for the spectacle it's not good enough in my opinion.
    I thought it would be better at the ERC event in Sweden than what it was.
    I probably won't travel to watch an event further away with only Rally2, it's like watching a Norwegian event just 8-10 fast cars compared to 4-5
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

15. Likes: cali (24th July 2023),EstWRC (24th July 2023),Jewy46 (25th July 2023),the sniper (25th July 2023)