Page 271 of 340 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3395
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    https://youtu.be/esNBXqGouI0

This is a quite well made documentary series about rallying. The pronunciation is sometimes off, but at least there are next to no factual mistakes.

2. Likes: AnttiL (12th July 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    https://youtu.be/esNBXqGouI0

This is a quite well made documentary series about rallying. The pronunciation is sometimes off, but at least there are next to no factual mistakes.
    Two minutes in and I recognise this script - it's lifted from Wikipedia, except Paris to Madrid was not half the distance of Paris to Bordeaux, so this was carelessly copied. Will watch more though thanks.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Two minutes in and I recognise this script - it's lifted from Wikipedia, except Paris to Madrid was not half the distance of Paris to Bordeaux, so this was carelessly copied. Will watch more though thanks.
    Well its not perfect, but at least he can read a Wikipedia page unlike plenty of others who "try" to make similar content. I mean even big budget stuff like "The Grand Tour" just sprouted bs about rallying that anyone with internet access could have looked up within 5 minutes.

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    https://www.eifel-rallye-festival.de...-306-maxi.html

Neuville to drive a 306 Maxi at the Eifel Rally Festival

6. Likes: cali (13th July 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Well its not perfect, but at least he can read a Wikipedia page unlike plenty of others who "try" to make similar content. I mean even big budget stuff like "The Grand Tour" just sprouted bs about rallying that anyone with internet access could have looked up within 5 minutes.
    Or Toyota marketing or wrc.com lol. Give anybody 5 minutes on the internet they will stick to Wikipedia. It's staggering how much bad information there is, and not necessarily by intention. It's the result of having an article written by committee over a 15-20 year period. Facts get eroded and removed from context bit by bit, facts become fctas, become accepted truth, then the lazy Toyotas and wrc.coms become the trusted citations of the new fctas, unless somebody steps up with real effort to really check the entire article, its history and sources, then the same things start to happen again anyway. The whole site is a fascinating experiment of human and social behaviour. It's OK for quenching the thirst for instant answers but must not to be trusted as a source for anything that matters, which is the mistake Toyota and wrc.com made. Aannyway....

8. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (13th July 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBV4tNzKFhA

Hyundai and their weird marketing where they pretend they are a huge motorsport brand.
    Urgh... you can KNOW whats the next line from the text during the whole clip.
    Technology, Future, Electric, Hydrogen, Sustainability, Power.. haha You can literally antecipate the whole text. Ewww

The 74 looks cool tho.
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 15th July 2022 at 20:19.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    WRC is getting so predictable now - Toyota's are totally dominant, Hyundai's often unreliable and hard to drive and M-Sport's driver's mostly letting them down with errors.

I'm starting to follow it out of habit more than getting any real excitement in terms of the results.

Fan videos are still great though, showing the speed and skill of the driver's much better than the formulaic WRC+.

11. Likes: cali (16th July 2022),Eli (16th July 2022),fiscorpun (16th July 2022),J4MIE (17th July 2022),Rally Hokkaido (17th July 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    WRC is getting so predictable now - Toyota's are totally dominant, Hyundai's often unreliable and hard to drive and M-Sport's driver's mostly letting them down with errors.

I'm starting to follow it out of habit more than getting any real excitement in terms of the results.

Fan videos are still great though, showing the speed and skill of the driver's much better than the formulaic WRC+.
    THIS!
    May I ask u (and the other fellas if thats the case too) for a longer thought on that? Do u think its just the predictabiliy? Cuz I have been feeling the same....same with MotoGP, BUT the series has never been so unpredictable, u'know? So I dont know "IMO" if the predictability in WRC is the actual reason some may be feeling "tired" of the sport.
    Interesting topic, mate

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Same =/

Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    THIS!
    May I ask u (and the other fellas if thats the case too) for a longer thought on that?
    Weirdly, I'd get SO much more excited about WRC as whole if the next months news were something like:
    "Subaru to run the 2 Vermont ARA cars in Rally Japan", "Paddon to run his electric car in New Zealand", "ProDrive reportedly buying two '22 Toyotas to run as an independent team in '23 with Williams Engineering support", "EKS to enter 4 Audis in WRC2 for the next 3 rounds", "Peugeot to test a Dakar engine prototype in a 208 in Acropolis"....

Im missing some FRESH things around WRC. Need "new stuff" in some rounds to get me really pumped again. Hybrids were not fresh enough for me hehehe
    Last edited by fiscorpun; 16th July 2022 at 19:26.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Give me good driving any day and I do not give a s%it what they are driving.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

15. Likes: AnttiL (16th July 2022),dimviii (16th July 2022),J4MIE (17th July 2022),skarderud (16th July 2022)