Page 241 of 340 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3395
    Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Is there anything ""like"" the "wrc" but with motorcycles?
    Yes, I believe in India they still have motorcycle rallies with navigator riding pillion. I have seen pix & video from a few years ago.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Enduro I guess?
    Yes, I'd say that's the closest motorbikes come to rallying; though I think all timed stages are 'off road'. Unlike rallying, they don't have Tarmac rounds.....

However, it's well worth going along to watch - I've been to a few in Wales, and it's a good day out.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Enduro is also raced with mountain bikes, although in many cases they use ski lifts for the "liaisons" to climb up a mountain and then descend rapidly on "special stages". But it's another sport that uses the same principle as rallying.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Is there anything ""like"" the "wrc" but with motorcycles?
    Dakar is maybe the most famous but there are a bunch of other rally raid / cross-country rally events like Silk Way Rally, Rallye du Maroc, Abu Dhabi, Baja, Andalucia Rally, etc.
    There are generally a lot of bikes at these events and they have their own FIA or other governing body championships that are equivalent to the WRC.

They don't have a codriver if that is what you meant but they have to navigate, have liaison and competitive sections, lateness penalties, timed services, controls, etc. etc.
    To me it is one of the most impressive motorsport disciplines when you consider all that they have to do, and do well, to be a champion.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Sohlberg talks about Gus,Pajari and Mitsubishi days.Nice interview.

http://motorboxradio.com.ar/2021/05/...y-sami-pajari/

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Just checking the Number of followers on facebook and instagram (fb / insta)...
    Dammn we are WAY behind NASCAR. I know this doenst mean anything but at the same time it does...

MotoGP 13mi / 10mi
    F1 9,9mi / 13mi
    NASCAR 5,1mi / 1,4mi
    Supercross 3,3mi / 1,7mi
    MXGP 3mi / 1mi
    WRC 2,7mi / 1,6mi

-----------
    Other series (only on facebook), just for the sake of it:
    Dakar Rally 2,2mi, ABB Formula E 1,5mi, NHRA 1,3mi, WorldSBK 1,3mi,
    Stadium Super Trucks 1mi, FIA WTCR 978k, Supercars 943k, NTT INDYCAR SERIES 935k, American Flat Track 924k, Pro Motocross 708k, WorldRX 668k, DTM 656k, FIA WEC 336k, World of Outlaws 328k, FIA ERC 296k, FIM SpeedwayGP 253k, IMSA 249k.
    Crazy how wec, dtm, imsa are so small on these numbers.
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 13th May 2021 at 19:53.

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    WRC promoter needs to hire a social media expert…

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    That means very little. NASCAR, just like any American series, heavily promotes their social medias pages, and Americans tend to use more social medias than Europeans on average. I bet that if we talk on a global level, rallying is much more known and followed than NASCAR, nevermind the "likes"... I don't even think I follow the WRC pages on any social media either. With that said, it's true WRC could increase their presence on medias...

9. Likes: lmmjvss (13th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    That means very little. NASCAR, just like any American series, heavily promotes their social medias pages, and Americans tend to use more social medias than Europeans on average. I bet that if we talk on a global level, rallying is much more known and followed than NASCAR, nevermind the "likes"... I don't even think I follow the WRC pages on any social media either. With that said, it's true WRC could increase their presence on medias...
    True. Same here. I dont follow WRC to avoid spoilers also cuz I can only watch the races during the week when Im not working.

In your opinion, which company should assume WRC as the promoter? I love that RedBull made it free and stuff but I really think WRC should reboot itself. Im not sure how... I know rally fans like to live in the past , want the old brands back (subaru-mitsubish FFS!!) want way more privateers and cool stories of "oh that guy entered his garage car and won monte carlo". We know that younger fans only pay attention to drama and short clips on youtube. We know that a racing series have to talk about what they are doing to "save the planet" (bio-fuels are a good thing. They should even present that to the european union as a solution, cuz Litium extraction sucks). New tech like Tweels (the "tire of the future??) or more carbontube parts. Idk if these things could help WRC to grow a little more but I really wish they were trying more. Maybe with a "younger promoter" like youthstream or monster energy? Idk.. Just thinking out loud about these things. I lost my job so I have more time to think about random sh*t haha