Page 218 of 339 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3384
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Prodrive have put a post on Facebook about restoration of Petter Solberg's Rally Japan 2004 car. Among the comments is a very interesting post by Ole Lundefaret, well worth reading.

3. Likes: dimviii (17th December 2020)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Prodrive have put a post on Facebook about restoration of Petter Solberg's Rally Japan 2004 car. Among the comments is a very interesting post by Ole Lundefaret, well worth reading.
    Thanks, nice read.

Find it a bit interesting that Prodrive is now using money on this given how the relationship ended in 2008-2009.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    So what´s he saying? Have no FB.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/prodriveoff...29814280381846

It's a public post but you need to go through the dozens of comments to find it

Petter was terrified. White as ash. Shaking. My brother, Petter and me was in his Sauna at his farm in Spydeberg. Norway. He had just gotten home from Germany, were he the biggest impact, in a series of impacts, netted 27 G, according to the onboard telemetry. He was 110% sure his codriver Phill Mills had died in the violence. When he had looked over towards the codriver seat the roof was smashed downwards were the co-drivers head was supposed to be. He didn't hear Phil. He didn't see Phil. Panic.
    We sat in the sauna talking of this dreadful day when that particular chassis met it's fate in a hopeless battle versus the mighty hinckelsteins of Rally Deutchland.
    "I just have to win it! It's my most important rally. Win it for Japan. For Subaru!"
    My brother and me looked at each other in disbelief. Petter was not at his mental peak. He was somewhere between shock and post traumatic stress disorder. And yet the only thing he was talking about was winning Rally Japan.
    "I need to win it for Subaru, Pekka (My brother) can you help me?!?"
    We talked a lot on this sunny day in Spydeberg.
    Pernilla and Oliver was there too.
    Oliver playing in a plastic pedal car, going over a small decline on the lawn, rolling almost as dramatically as his father. Plastic parts scattered everywhere. Getting up. Dusting of. And Petter saying:
    "That's his first roll!"
    The days that followed where quite hectic, especially for Petter and my brother. And the Prodrive engineers that had to prepare this chassis, on top of Petters constant calls about diff settings, squat, and so much more.
    My brother had a support made for Petters thumb, which had been sprained. And they trained together. Walked together. And talked together.
    Petters complexion came back. His smile came back. But he was also extremely anxious before he headed of to Japan.
    We followed the rally on television.
    His World Champion title from 2003 had ensured that the largest commercial Norwegian TV channel had bought the broadcasting rights.
    We wondered if he even would be able to start. If he would go off in the first stage in share fright. As he was fragile as an autumn leaf. This after all, hadn't been a normal crash by any standards.
    But he didn't. Go off.
    He took off.
    I must admit I cried when his stage times started popping in.
    He had sat in the sauna with us only days prior, being sure he had lost the ability to drive.
    Now he was beating Sebastien Loeb, the driver that was going to go on to be the greatest of our time, like he was in a different race.
    Could it last?
    Yes it did last.
    He and Phil, who I don't know how mobilised the bravery to get back in a rally car so soon. Had he wore a HANS device his head would have been held up towards the crashing roof, and he would not have survived.
    And now both of them reached the finish line of the last stage as overall winners of Rally Japan in 2004.
    And they went on to win two more rallies on the trot.
    The combination of Petter Solberg, Phill Mills and Prodrive was by far the fastest of 2004. Other issues should keep them away from claiming the drivers crown for a second year running.
    All competitive rally cars from the WRC are a part of Motorsport history.
    What makes this one special is that it isn't only history, it's also a part of a very special story.
    And Prodrive has by showing it an attention to detail exclusive to them, preserved this very special motorcar, so both the history and story will live on, and ride on, for many years to come. Wow.

7. Likes: Jewy46 (18th December 2020),Rally Hokkaido (19th December 2020),Rallyper (18th December 2020),satnav (22nd December 2020),skarderud (19th December 2020),Sso (19th December 2020),Sulland (29th December 2020),the sniper (18th December 2020),TWRC (21st December 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Thanks, nice read.

Find it a bit interesting that Prodrive is now using money on this given how the relationship ended in 2008-2009.
    its not for him,they just restored a car that can possibly sold at future.And at this condition,it will not be cheap.

9. Likes: pantealex (18th December 2020),Rallyper (18th December 2020)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    I understand that autosport is basically formula 1 related magazine and about also other circuit racing.

But to put Neuville ahead of Evans in the ratings?

https://www.autosport.com/top-50-drivers-of-2020
    Last edited by EstWRC; 19th December 2020 at 06:12.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi everyone. I'm very new to motorsports in general. I've got a casual interest in Formula 1 and I've always loved seeing rally clips, so I decided to learn a little more about rallying and WRC. I knew nothing about the service aspect of the sport and it's been really interesting to watch videos of the service teams doing what they do best.

Random question though. I noticed that a ton of the service technicians wear Salomon shoes. Like enough to make it more than a coincidence. Does anyone know why this is? Does Salomon sponsor a lot of the teams or WRC in general? Are they renowned for their grip on the service tarps?

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Christmas holiday coming, so here's a listen for rally and M-Sport fans - a recent podcast interview with Matt Wilson on his career and time in and around the team:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4pK...QqGe_kjCIVYWig

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    we know Finland produce a lot af talents in motorsport, but this guy, only age of 12 won some world-wide guitar competition. Absolutely brilliant!

Just watch!

https://www.hbl.fi/artikel/video-14-...us-vinnarsolo/
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: AnttiL (23rd December 2020)