Page 173 of 340 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3392
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    the discussion was something different.
    Some mates insist that Ogier knew from onboards,that he can take some more risks at some corners,because he knew that if he gets out of road,there will be no damage due to ''safe'' landing at these corners.

This it totally stupid,and different from the article i posted.
    Why its stupid, i have explained many times.
    Ogier insisted that himself:

This is Ogier's quote (from ewrc-results)
    "We knew it was an open area but I wasn't expecting so much dirt on the road. On the winter tyre we understeered. Okay, I could take a risk there because I knew it was only a field on the outside. I had to try and do a bit more here"

You accused Ogier of lying cause he could not possibly remember it was "safe" to go outside there. Right now you repeated that, even when Loeb says that drivers now remember every corner and perfect their lines trough it.

Anyone who watches 2-3 onboards of same stage will start to remember the corners. Now for the WRC drivers they drive 2 times in recce, watch the recce vids in the evening and watch the onboards before each leg + all the time watching between rallies. This is on stages that are often run over and over again every year with some small changes. On top of that this is a stage a few kms from Ogier's hometown.

Surely if you remember a corner you can also remember if there is trees, ravine, concrete wall or open field on the outside. Off course that does not mean it's "perfectly" safe to go there, there can be hiding rocks etc, but it's clearly safer than on quite a few other corners.

Btw. there is an example of a "known" blind cut over a jump in Sardinia where Breen hit a rock in 2017 (and broke gearbox) while every other driver avoided it cause they drove the stage before and remembered it jumping further out.
    There is even a vid of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIprw5JPaSw

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Umh, this old thing again? Well, for sure, if there is a stretch of straight road followed by curb with flat surface besides it, on will remember it. When one doesn`t have a memory of a fish...and is from there.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Also, Ogier could have just had that in his pace notes. He didn't say he remembered it, he just said he knew there's a field.

Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    and the drivers studying on-boards does not necessarily mean they try to remember them completely.

onboards are most usefull in combination with pacenotes. if you are not sure if you a certain corner or jump can be taken flatout, you can watch if the others lift or not and put it in the notes.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    It's hilarious someone to claim that. .
    who claimed that? Show the post.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Ogier insisted that himself:

This is Ogier's quote (from ewrc-results)
    "We knew it was an open area but I wasn't expecting so much dirt on the road. On the winter tyre we understeered. Okay, I could take a risk there because I knew it was only a field on the outside. I had to try and do a bit more here"

You accused Ogier of lying cause he could not possibly remember it was "safe" to go outside there. Right now you repeated that, even when Loeb says that drivers now remember every corner and perfect their lines trough it.

Anyone who watches 2-3 onboards of same stage will start to remember the corners. Now for the WRC drivers they drive 2 times in recce, watch the recce vids in the evening and watch the onboards before each leg + all the time watching between rallies. This is on stages that are often run over and over again every year with some small changes. On top of that this is a stage a few kms from Ogier's hometown.

Surely if you remember a corner you can also remember if there is trees, ravine, concrete wall or open field on the outside. Off course that does not mean it's "perfectly" safe to go there, there can be hiding rocks etc, but it's clearly safer than on quite a few other corners.
    who said that drivers cant remember various corners at stages?
    are you trying to play the smart one?
    i said that there is NO driver that he risk to go of the road at ANY corner because there is a field or an open space.
    What Ogier says after an off is not a rule.Its not the first time he will say an excuse
    Last edited by dimviii; 24th February 2019 at 15:59.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    who said that drivers cant remember various corners at stages?
    are you trying to play the smart one?
    i said that there is NO driver that he risk to go of the road at ANY corner because there is a field or an open space.
    What Ogier says after an off is not a rule.Its not the first time he will say an excuse
    It can be done. And it's often done. You can make your note a bit "optmistic" if there is a lot of room on the outside.
    I also know several cases where drivers deliberately overshoot the last corner when the finish line is in/just before that last corner.

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    It can be done. And it's often done. You can make your note a bit "optmistic" if there is a lot of room on the outside.
    I also know several cases where drivers deliberately overshoot the last corner when the finish line is in/just before that last corner.
    last corner is something different and well known for decades,some crews have at their notes and one or two corners after the flying in some ocassions.
    About the rest of the stage,its impossible to take risks due to a ''lot of room'' because when you exit the road,there are so many variables,that you cant predict the behavior of the car,and how this will end.

9. Likes: Rallyper (25th February 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/02/...the-rule-book/

I looked at the FIA Sporting Regulations and picked out the rules which limit itineraries and routes and analyzed how they have changed from the past.

11. Likes: Franky (27th February 2019),Rally Power (1st March 2019),the sniper (27th February 2019),tommeke_B (27th February 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Anyone else here heard rumors that this year's Rally Catalunya will be the last time it's a mixed event? In Sweden I heard a few people saying that from next year on it should be full tarmac again.