Page 151 of 338 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3375
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got it! Many thanks!

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

3. Likes: cali (2nd October 2018),pantealex (30th September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-de-Espa%C3%B1a-1993

Rally Catalunya maps from 1993 onwards are now mapped, thanks to WRCWings for supplying the map material for digitizing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-de-Espa%C3%B1a-1993

Rally Catalunya maps from 1993 onwards are now mapped, thanks to WRCWings for supplying the map material for digitizing.
    Also RAC Rally 1994 and 1995

https://www.rally-maps.com/RAC-Rally-1994

Talk about stupid liaisons, the whole of first day...

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (4th October 2018),the sniper (4th October 2018),TWRC (5th October 2018)
    Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Ah SS4 - Clumber Park; that was the live TV stage on Top Gear Rally Report....still got it on video somewhere.

I think it was only about 30 stage miles on the first day; but it was taking the sport to the masses. Unlike now when it's largely invisible. So much for progress.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Ah SS4 - Clumber Park; that was the live TV stage on Top Gear Rally Report....still got it on video somewhere.
    Here is the 1993 video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6l-1f_XsRs

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    A little of topic but wanted to raise the question. How popular is rally in other countries? In Estonia, when Tänak is fighting for a win, the whole news media stops talking about anything else and that is the most importand thing for the whole country it seems.
    I know Finnish media follows rally quite closely as well. But how is it in other countries?

The question comes mainly since I have been working abroad and know a lot of people from all across Europe and I basically know nobody who knows anything about rallying besides Estonians and Fins.

Not a single UK person I have spoken to knows who Evans is for instance. Even not the Welsh! (and we both work in and around sports).
    I know rallies get a lot of people on the roads but how popular is Thierry Neuville in Belgium? Does the media cover him closely there. Do regular people even know who Seb Ogier is in France and so on?
    Really interested in this, since my experience is that we Estonians and Fins are the only nutjobs following rally this closely.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    I know rallies get a lot of people on the roads but how popular is Thierry Neuville in Belgium? Does the media cover him closely there. Do regular people even know who Seb Ogier is in France and so on?
    Rally is getting more and more popular in Belgium. With reports of 20min to a half hour on sunday after noon of every round of the Belgian championship, even Belgian top drivers are getting more known. For sure, there are quite a few people how know who Neuville is. Football and cycling are far more popular for sure.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Rally Discussion and Bar talk thread is for this kind of questions...

Good question but wrong chain.

Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    A little of topic but wanted to raise the question. How popular is rally in other countries? In Estonia, when Tänak is fighting for a win, the whole news media stops talking about anything else and that is the most importand thing for the whole country it seems.
    I know Finnish media follows rally quite closely as well. But how is it in other countries?

The question comes mainly since I have been working abroad and know a lot of people from all across Europe and I basically know nobody who knows anything about rallying besides Estonians and Fins.

Not a single UK person I have spoken to knows who Evans is for instance. Even not the Welsh! (and we both work in and around sports).
    Really interested in this, since my experience is that we Estonians and Fins are the only nutjobs following rally this closely.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    I was recently in Belgium and a friend from there (girl who isn't interested in rallye at all) knew who Neuville was, and I saw his face on some drinks and such, so he probably is quite well known there.