Page 260 of 340 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3392
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    IDK why but I dont get the feeling of a WORLD RALLY event in Croatia and Ypres (last year).
    Same for Monza and the Artic rally too. I dont know, these four places screeeeam "Rally2" only. Not sure what you think but I'd ditch Croatia and Ypress for 2023 in a heartbeat
    i think it's just because we already knew those rallies before.

Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    IDK why but I dont get the feeling of a WORLD RALLY event in Croatia and Ypres (last year).
    Same for Monza and the Artic rally too. I dont know, these four places screeeeam "Rally2" only. Not sure what you think but I'd ditch Croatia and Ypress for 2023 in a heartbeat
    A lot of people don't get the WORLD RALLY feeling at any WRC event these days.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (13th May 2022),the sniper (13th May 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Second round of World Endurance Championship in Spa:
    Ogier's Richard Mille Racing Team finished 8th in LMP2 class, out of 15. A bit of a joke of a race, more than half of the race under yellow / safety car / red flag. Impossible to properly compare Ogier's times with his teammates because as it rained a lot, conditions varied massively.
    Not a good drive by Ogier in my opinion. He drove on a very wet track, got overtaken by 2 competitors and then went off, hitting the barriers and losing 2 more places. In typical Ogier fashion, the car was unharmed and he continued (haven't I see this before? )
    Later he went off in the gravel again and went to the pits to change nose (so maybe the contact with the barriers did damage the car a little). His team was close to last in category, but later they managed to recover places thanks to favourable safety cars / tyre changes.
    I find it still a bit of a pity that Ogier is having this big WEC chance when Neuville did so well in his one and only Touring Car race in 2019 https://tintopguru.wordpress.com/tag/thierry-neuville/

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Ott Tänak on the Betsafe blog about Dirtfish' article "Is WRC+ Really Changing Rallying?"

"This option has certainly completely changed the nature of the rally. In the old days, the rally was more of an adventure, where it was important to write a good legend with two passes. Today, everyone can adjust their legend from video to someone who is faster, which is why racing has become very intense, with young people learning through video tests and taking it as a circuit race. Of course, we also work through the videos to take advantage of the experience of all the riders in case someone made a mistake or got a surprise somewhere."

I can understand about correcting/adjusting the notes, checking difficult places from All Live but hasn't the video part and checking the legend (and memorizing it) available for couple of decades already? At least as long as Ott has been driving? No?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Ott Tänak on the Betsafe blog about Dirtfish' article "Is WRC+ Really Changing Rallying?"

"This option has certainly completely changed the nature of the rally. In the old days, the rally was more of an adventure, where it was important to write a good legend with two passes. Today, everyone can adjust their legend from video to someone who is faster, which is why racing has become very intense, with young people learning through video tests and taking it as a circuit race. Of course, we also work through the videos to take advantage of the experience of all the riders in case someone made a mistake or got a surprise somewhere."

I can understand about correcting/adjusting the notes, checking difficult places from All Live but hasn't the video part and checking the legend (and memorizing it) available for couple of decades already? At least as long as Ott has been driving? No?
    I ’ve heard Grönholm was one of the first to film their recces. But other drivers’ onboards weren’t available until 2014

7. Likes: cali (17th May 2022),flat_right (16th May 2022)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    This used to be a nice bar until AlanRok turned up.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (17th May 2022),daveR (17th May 2022),EstWRC (18th May 2022),pantealex (18th May 2022),Rallyper (17th May 2022)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Cant We really do something regarding that?

It’s getting out of hands and so annoying
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: AndyRAC (18th May 2022),cali (18th May 2022),pantealex (18th May 2022)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    This is slowly getting out of hand yes.

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Jesus, please ban the spam bots.

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Are all of us reporting in to the management about the ROK family?

Who on the forum are responsible to ban them from posting?

And by the way where is Mirek theese days, miss his posts here!

15. Likes: cali (19th May 2022)