Page 152 of 336 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3353
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    Loeb is quite well known in France but I don't know if that's the case with Ogier as well. Here in Turkey, people know no one from motor sports but Schumacher.

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berke View Post
    Loeb is quite well known in France but I don't know if that's the case with Ogier as well. Here in Turkey, people know no one from motor sports but Schumacher.
    This makes it double spectacular how 2 of the greatest drivers of the 21st century come from France where the sport is not even popular.

Another thing what amazes me is how much money big manufacturers pour into the sport while it is not the most popular of motorsports out there. Where in almost no countries the biggest stars of the sport are household names for the regular public. Not since Colin McRae.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    This makes it double spectacular how 2 of the greatest drivers of the 21st century come from France where the sport is not even popular.

Another thing what amazes me is how much money big manufacturers pour into the sport while it is not the most popular of motorsports out there. Where in almost no countries the biggest stars of the sport are household names for the regular public. Not since Colin McRae.
    There are not many fia world championships, so they have not much choise. And besides f1 all the others are even more unknown to the general public.

And they really don't put in that much money compared to their other budgets. Toyota and ford spends both more than 4 billion dollar on advertising annually, Volkswagen even spends 6,5 billion. For a few tens of millions they can try to be wrc world champion, to do that in f1 they need to spend much much more.

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    There are not many fia world championships, so they have not much choise. And besides f1 all the others are even more unknown to the general public.

And they really don't put in that much money compared to their other budgets. Toyota and ford spends both more than 4 billion dollar on advertising annually, Volkswagen even spends 6,5 billion. For a few tens of millions they can try to be wrc world champion, to do that in f1 they need to spend much much more.
    Fair point. Moto Gp should still be a fair bit more popular but otherwise good points.

Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    this Tänak thing has actually got out of hands in estonia at times and so big IMO...its just ridiculous sometimes, they make an article basically about everything

"EXCLUSIVE, Ott ate an sandwich"
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: AnttiL (7th October 2018)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    I Norway everyone know who Petter and Henning Solberg is, most people also know about Oliver Solberg
    Maybe 30% know Mads Østberg and Andreas Mikkelsen?
    I think most people don't know who foreign drivers is, exept colin mcrae of course

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Fair point. Moto Gp should still be a fair bit more popular but otherwise good points.
    MotoGP is irrelevant for carmakers simply because they don't sell motorbikes but cars.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I Norway everyone know who Petter and Henning Solberg is, most people also know about Oliver Solberg
    Maybe 30% know Mads Østberg and Andreas Mikkelsen?
    I think most people don't know who foreign drivers is, exept colin mcrae of course
    Recently Veiby became very well known in Czech Republic but instead of his performance it's because of his stupid instagram stunt. It got into all major media and at some it even topped the most read article of the month...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: pantealex (8th October 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Really? I’m not French but I’ve family living there for a long time and I can assure you Rally is actually popular in France. For sure it’s not as popular as Foot or Rugby but everyone knows who Ogier is and every weekend there are dozens of rallys taking place all over the country with huge entry lists. Rally was born in France and till the mid 70’s French drivers and manus were regularly among the rally elite; actually, the first WRC manus champ was won by Alpine Renault, with the iconic A110 driven by local aces like Andruet, Nicolas, Darniche or Thérier. After a period were F1 become locally more popular, the 205T16 rally achievements made the sport noticeable again among the French and many still remember Vatanen (probably the most 'Frenchie' of the Finns) wins with it. Before Loeb and Citroen domination era, guys like Auriol, Delecour or Panizzi also managed to impress the rally world. Btw, all French manus (Citroen, Peugeot and Renault) have been directly involved in the sport, not only by running huge profile programs but mainly for providing privateers a wide range of rally cars, from low budget to top spec machines.

PS: forgot to mention Michelle Mouton; the only woman capable of winning WRC events in the series history.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: cali (8th October 2018),dnb (8th October 2018)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Recently Veiby became very well known in Czech Republic but instead of his performance it's because of his stupid instagram stunt. It got into all major media and at some it even topped the most read article of the month...
    Stupid Instagram stunt? Not heard of?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport