Page 273 of 335 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3347
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Sem título - Copia.jpg
    Dad came to visit me using this shirt haha Out of nothing. I thought its really cool. Never seen this one

2. Likes: Jarek Z (14th September 2022)
    Liked 332 Times in 185 Posts
    General question about rally organisation in your respective countries be it a local level or up to WRC. Are rallies organised by volunteers giving up their free time to arrange road closures and insurance etc or do clubs or motorsport bodies employ people to do the job on a paid basis? Bit of an issue in the UK just now which is seeing events cancelled or stopping altogether as more and more time is being asked of less and less people who do the "job" on a voluntary basis. Not many younger people stepping up to help so rallies are biting the dust. This in turn is leading to even less interest in the media so less and less commercial interest as a result.

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    In Europe theres the WRC, in "America" they have BAJA.
    In Europe theres Rallycross, In America theres Short Course racing with 4wd 900HP super trucks
    If someone here doesnt know this thing, check it out this quick clip from last
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRiJJc7J2E

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    General question about rally organisation in your respective countries be it a local level or up to WRC. Are rallies organised by volunteers giving up their free time to arrange road closures and insurance etc or do clubs or motorsport bodies employ people to do the job on a paid basis? Bit of an issue in the UK just now which is seeing events cancelled or stopping altogether as more and more time is being asked of less and less people who do the "job" on a voluntary basis. Not many younger people stepping up to help so rallies are biting the dust. This in turn is leading to even less interest in the media so less and less commercial interest as a result.
    Nobody seeing the business opportunity then?

Please don't blame the young because times have changed.

Liked 510 Times in 180 Posts
    One of the organisers of a closed road event in the UK earlier this year told me that they had put in 800 hours of their own time to get the event running.

That is completely unsustainable.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

7. Likes: AndyRAC (18th September 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    One of the organisers of a closed road event in the UK earlier this year told me that they had put in 800 hours of their own time to get the event running.

That is completely unsustainable.
    You don't have to answer this but scale-wise, if it was a music festival, would they be getting paid?

9. Likes: pantealex (17th September 2022)
    Liked 310 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    You don't have to answer this but scale-wise, if it was a music festival, would they be getting paid?
    If it was a music festival the spectators would be paying a very significant sum for watching, leaving enough for the promotors and participants to be handsomely paid. Sadly for the organisers and competitors, rallying doesn't work that way.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (18th September 2022),cali (18th September 2022),Jewy46 (19th September 2022),seb_sh (18th September 2022)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    In the UK at nearly all events, spectators 'pay to park' - and money quite often goes to local charities, etc Organising clubs get virtually nothing. From memory, only RallyGB (and IRC Rally Scotland) charges/charged to spectate; and then that means they have to provide facilities, etc for spectators....which is a costly business. Which is the reason most events charge you to park your car - there aren't the same requirements for spectators. As already said, most events are run by volunteers, and they simply don't have the time/resources to do this.

I agree with Sal, I would love to know how other countries operate....I dare say it's different.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I agree with Sal, I would love to know how other countries operate....I dare say it's different.
    And any role the state and authority play: in eg. France and Spain, their (democratic) authorities have directives set by the ministry of sport and receive state funding. Does any of that trickle down to support organisers?

Liked 1,522 Times in 654 Posts
    I never really understood why UK organising clubs don't keep the spectator parking money for themselves. Okay, it's not much but it's something.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (18th September 2022)