Page 237 of 335 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3350
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    A bit split on Extreme E - spectacular backdrops (future ones may differ), very intense starts, but then a bit of a procession, plenty of media attention, though as AndyRAC pointed out we don't know how long that would continue. Naturally, as a design engineer, I am not a fan of single make series, and obviously competition would have led to a faster rate of technology development, but such scenario is more challenging from budgets point of view. It will be interesting how the Dakar gets on with the new technologies class, it is certainly more appealing to me. Back to Extreme E, I am not entirely sure how the dust slipped their attention and what their expectations were when they set up the series, as visibility was always going to be an issue racing in the sand. Anyway, they are now talking about time trials and from my point of view something like the Isle of Man TT type would work best, with min gaps just to ensure the dust settles. It would also mean the drivers can't afford to relax till the finish, rather than settle for the position they are in knowing they can't overtake/be overtaken. Constant on screen time info is vital to keep spectators informed.
    Last edited by NickRally; 7th April 2021 at 22:20.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (7th April 2021),Rally Hokkaido (8th April 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

4. Likes: NickRally (7th April 2021)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    Magnificent, cheers SubaruNorway!
    Couple of years ago, went on a driving holiday from the UK to Bergen, then Flam, then back to the UK - exceptional roads and sceneries. Would like to one day return and follow the coastal road beyond Bergen, all the way north.
    Thank you! Yeah you really could hold a Norwegian Monte Carlo around there, Rally Sokndal south of Stavanger has had some cool roads.
    Lofoten area is next on my list i think! Had some GPS connection issues with the drone on the trip now and then so didn't get to follow the Flåm train for very long
    (Drone stopped after 30m)
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

6. Likes: NickRally (8th April 2021)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Thank you! Yeah you really could hold a Norwegian Monte Carlo around there, Rally Sokndal south of Stavanger has had some cool roads.
    Lofoten area is next on my list i think! Had some GPS connection issues with the drone on the trip now and then so didn't get to follow the Flåm train for very long
    (Drone stopped after 30m)
    Yes, truly spectacular locations there.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Have you ever dreamed of becoming a rally mechanic? It will be possible at home soon
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...nic_Simulator/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEPp0NECDg

WRC10 (game) will have more historical cars. I've never played these WRC games so IDK if they always have historical cars.
    But Its crazy to think that WRC kinda "survives on its history". Its worrying in some aspects IMO but at this point I have no idea what WRC could do to be more relevant in nowaday's motorsport.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (13th April 2021),skarderud (14th April 2021)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEPp0NECDg

Its worrying in some aspects IMO but at this point I have no idea what WRC could do to be more relevant in nowaday's motorsport.
    As I've said many times, the WRC should/could be the most relevant of all motorsports - it takes place on 'real roads' not circuits.....but for some reason it's not like that in reality. That's for the stakeholders to solve......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: NickRally (14th April 2021),skarderud (14th April 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Talking about 'relevance'... FINALLY I found someone on youtube doing these "modern videos" about WRC like F1 fan pages have been doing over the last 3 years... and its working preeetty well for them, we gotta admit.
    Its the way people consume media today so we gotta embrace this type of thing in order to see WRC growing more to the nowadays public's eyes! Hope his channel grows and more people start to do videos and clips like this. Its the only way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9FneXVz9Bc

15. Likes: bomber21 (16th April 2021),Rallyper (16th April 2021),the sniper (17th April 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Talking about 'relevance'... FINALLY I found someone on youtube doing these "modern videos" about WRC like F1 fan pages have been doing over the last 3 years... and its working preeetty well for them, we gotta admit.
    Its the way people consume media today so we gotta embrace this type of thing in order to see WRC growing more to the nowadays public's eyes! Hope his channel grows and more people start to do videos and clips like this. Its the only way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9FneXVz9Bc
    Who is the guy producing this amazing vids?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...