Page 196 of 336 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3353
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arx View Post
    I really want to be wrong, but a am afraid that as we remember Märtin as Ford guy we will be remember Tänak as Toyota guy...
    And what is your problem with that? Many drivers are associated with various manufacturers but it doesn't make them any less talented.
    Kankkunen probably remembered as a Toyota driver, Alen Lancia, McRae Subaru, Makinen Mitsubishi and so on. Ogier will be remembered as the VW guy, despite winning WC with Ford (and maybe Toyota). All of those guys drove for many other manufacturers.

And I'm afraid Martin doesn't carry much truck with me anymore, given his comments of late regarding Tanaks team mates. One of which has won many more rallies than he ever did, the other has won the same amount of rallies. Neither of them have had such a catastrophic incident either.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    And what is your problem with that? Many drivers are associated with various manufacturers but it doesn't make them any less talented.
    Kankkunen probably remembered as a Toyota driver, Alen Lancia, McRae Subaru, Makinen Mitsubishi and so on. Ogier will be remembered as the VW guy, despite winning WC with Ford (and maybe Toyota). All of those guys drove for many other manufacturers.

And I'm afraid Martin doesn't carry much truck with me anymore, given his comments of late regarding Tanaks team mates. One of which has won many more rallies than he ever did, the other has won the same amount of rallies. Neither of them have had such a catastrophic incident either.
    Yet he did not put a word wrong when he commented about Latvala's and Meeke's performance. But truth hurts sometimes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

3. Likes: EstWRC (30th November 2019)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Yet he did not put a word wrong when he commented about Latvala's and Meeke's performance. But truth hurts sometimes

well if I was Latvala, or Meeke, I would have been a little offended.
    His man Tanak won the world championship. Maybe he should respect his peers and didn't need to say anything.
    He of all people should know it's a fine line between greatness and failing to achieve, and what risk is at stake every time you get behind a wheel and push above and beyond.

5. Likes: Rallyper (30th November 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    well if I was Latvala, or Meeke, I would have been a little offended.
    His man Tanak won the world championship. Maybe he should respect his peers and didn't need to say anything.
    He of all people should know it's a fine line between greatness and failing to achieve, and what risk is at stake every time you get behind a wheel and push above and beyond.
    And still it was the truth what was told. Strange that somebody gets offended by truth. But I guess weaker persons cannot tolerate that well

7. Likes: EstWRC (30th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    It's one thing telling the truth and another being a class act. The jury's out...
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It's one thing telling the truth and another being a class act. The jury's out...
    Oh you mean Jouhki and Co
    That's so subjective as you can see yourself

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Oh you mean Jouhki and Co
    That's so subjective as you can see yourself
    No, I'm definitely not taking sides here. And while I think some of the things Märtin said can be considered a bit harsh, by no means it makes the strategy Jouhki has utilized any better.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

11. Likes: cali (1st December 2019),pantealex (1st December 2019)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

13. Likes: Jajá (2nd December 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    With only two manu teams and one semiprivate in WRC, what would you think Formula One people would´ve done if in same situation? I mean 8-10 top drivers and only 6 seats?

And FIA? Do they even care about WRC?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    With only two manu teams and one semiprivate in WRC, what would you think Formula One people would´ve done if in same situation? I mean 8-10 top drivers and only 6 seats?
    And FIA? Do they even care about WRC?
    Honestly, there’s little point to compare with F1; they have a grid to fill and they’re mainly interested on drivers money to do it…

Despite Citroen pull out, the WRC is not living a sudden crisis and next season can be as exciting as the previous ones. Still, it makes total sense to question the series future, especially the new rules for 2022 and the promoter expansion plans; a thread about it was open a couple of weeks ago https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...422-WRC-future , why not use it?
    Rally addict since 1982

16. Likes: cali (3rd December 2019),KiwiWRCfan (4th December 2019)