Page 332 of 340 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3395
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    The 'VHS Rallies' project is coming to an end (as expected. Thanks for their efforts), but in their closing statement they say:

https://twitter.com/VHSRallies/statu...31490532348306

Anybody heard anything? Dirtfish video on demand service? Presumably concerns the Duke Video archive? If it were Rally.TV related, the line in bold wouldn't really make sense.
    Is this what was alluded to possibly? https://youtu.be/0JeYoTTXg_I?si=pshIWchU1tyY8Sbu

2. Likes: the sniper (14th February 2024)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quick question regarding rally podcasts or similar, I listened to the Gravel Notes preview podcast for Sweden and the Dirtfish one, and some of the Powerslide Podcast. Are there other podcasts out there, in English, worth listening to?

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Quick question regarding rally podcasts or similar, I listened to the Gravel Notes preview podcast for Sweden and the Dirtfish one, and some of the Powerslide Podcast. Are there other podcasts out there, in English, worth listening to?
    I'm afraid that's it for that style of podcasts, there used to be Absolute Rally but it ended a year or two ago. There is also the WRC Backstories podcast, it's more about interviews with certain people similar to F1 Beyond the Grid, there are some nice ones

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    There was an article about WRC in Nashville that also seems to have disappeared.

What's going on at DirtFish?
    It wass spiritually an Irish event.

On again, off again, gone again, Finnigan

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Do we know which rounds Ogier and Rovanpera are doing this year? In particular, do we know about Kenya and Croatia?

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    I just saw this said about Dani Sordo: "At one point he was the most successful WRC driver without a win to their name." The wording implies that he no longer has that distinction. But I can't think who would have replaced him.

Any offers?

If I were guessing wildly in a pub quiz, I might go for Mikkelsen in his VW years. I don't think he beat Ogier much, but he probably got a few podiums in that dominant car.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I just saw this said about Dani Sordo: "At one point he was the most successful WRC driver without a win to their name." The wording implies that he no longer has that distinction.
    He probably won a rally since.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I just saw this said about Dani Sordo: "At one point he was the most successful WRC driver without a win to their name." The wording implies that he no longer has that distinction. But I can't think who would have replaced him.

Any offers?

If I were guessing wildly in a pub quiz, I might go for Mikkelsen in his VW years. I don't think he beat Ogier much, but he probably got a few podiums in that dominant car.
    He might still hold that record. In terms of active drivers still currently without a win it will be someone else, but the record of rallies without yet scoring your first win is probably still Sordo up until he won Rallye Deutschland 2013

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Can't understand what's the question..?

This is a quote from yesterday's Dirtfish article.
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-f...econd-wrc-win/
    It took almost eight years at the top level for Dani Sordo to score his first WRC win. At one point he was the most successful WRC driver without a win to their name.

That wait finally came to an end on Rally Germany 2013.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    sordo had 20 2nd places and 16 3th places in wrc to his name before his first win in 2013. And then another 10 podiums till his second win in 2019.

It's a remarkable carreer, always being completely at the top but never winning.