Page 331 of 340 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3395
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    2022 was really weird but Tbh the round in Argentina in 2023 had the biggest number of entries Or something like that. More than 32 riders if I remember correctly. Almost 15 south americans, I think?

MXGP has also being super weird. The grids looks so empty. They keep going to asian countries to race in fake tracks with 14 riders starting the races. I dont understand. Covid is a factor, sure, and they are going to recover. But its weird to see such a simple sport having so little entries. OR MAYBE the promoter WANTS to have just the top facotry teams? Idk. Hope it gets better for 2024, at least on the european rounds.
    Yes, you're right - it was 2022 that was poor - last year was the first round of the championship - and the return of 'The Bullet'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Jesus Christ, the guy behind Formula-E and Extreme-E is KINDA behind or supporting this NEW AND INCREDIBLE ELECTRIC BOAT RACING that was CREATED TO HELP SAVE THE PLANET.... you know.... by adding RACING BOATS into eco-systems that DIDNT HAD RACING BOATS before... and somehow this will help the local eco-systems....????????
    And you can watch the FULL ROUND 1 in SAUDI ARABIA here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgI4aB9xhXY

You see that it is a success when they CLOSE the comments on youtube.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Jesus Christ, the guy behind Formula-E and Extreme-E is KINDA behind or supporting this NEW AND INCREDIBLE ELECTRIC BOAT RACING that was CREATED TO HELP SAVE THE PLANET.... you know.... by adding RACING BOATS into eco-systems that DIDNT HAD RACING BOATS before... and somehow this will help the local eco-systems....????????

Hahahahahahaha... And Becs sold out her soul..
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts

didn't get the rant about the ecosystem... these boats surely are less dangerous than any other boat already there. i'm not sure, but i guess they race in port envinronment, or at least in some extremely anthopogenic area. so...

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    didn't get the rant about the ecosystem... these boats surely are less dangerous than any other boat already there. i'm not sure, but i guess they race in port envinronment, or at least in some extremely anthopogenic area. so...
    Immjvss can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the nature of the rant is “what is the f***ing point of this?” The ecosystem of the waterways would be in better shape simply by this championship not existing.

You can’t even justify there being some eco-friendly personal transportation message as hydrofoil speedboats are not ubiquitous like cars are. I don’t think FE is doing a good job of convincing a lot of people here that BEVs are the way forward but it at least makes morw sense than E1.

How many people are there honestly out there who would watch that and be convinced to change their ways and change their gas-guzzling speedboat (or perhaps fishing trawler) to a battery electric version because Didier Drogba says its good for the planet?

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Immjvss can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the nature of the rant is “what is the f***ing point of this?” The ecosystem of the waterways would be in better shape simply by this championship not existing.

You can’t even justify there being some eco-friendly personal transportation message as hydrofoil speedboats are not ubiquitous like cars are. I don’t think FE is doing a good job of convincing a lot of people here that BEVs are the way forward but it at least makes morw sense than E1.

How many people are there honestly out there who would watch that and be convinced to change their ways and change their gas-guzzling speedboat (or perhaps fishing trawler) to a battery electric version because Didier Drogba says its good for the planet?
    “what is the f***ing point of this?” totally the correct question! i don't get yours.
    i don't get all this argument you both come up with. it's just made up to say electric is sh*t, which is quite off-topic. things you say is very loosely related to this.

"The ecosystem of the waterways would be in better shape simply by this championship not existing." what's the basis of this claim? you have some data? as i told before, the environment of the race is already so anthropogenic that these boats literally don't matter at all.

on the other part, is very loosely related to a marketing strategy that is way more simple. they just claim to do a race with new tech that has a lower impact compared to similar power other tech. sideways they do some nudging and some divulgation, and maybe they finance some environmental small projects. that's it. i really don't see all that argument, unless someone tries to make it up.

anyway, i'm not so interested in motorboat racing and i have no need to defend this thing, i just find that claim wrong.
    let's move on!

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    … DIDNT HAD RACING BOATS before...
    Never heard of this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7zhN5Dk0g

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Well.... Cupra, LewisHamilton/Carlin team and ChipGanassi/Chevy are all quitting Extreme-E for 2024.
    Rumor is that one more team may quit in the next week. They are all saying they are curious about the plan for next year where the car will use Hydrogen (FIA is backing that too, some say "VW and Toyota" may be behind the move....???), but no commitments so far. Extreme-H will be the new name for 2025. The new car already had its shakedown, but on paved roads only (not sure if they went off road already for testing)

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Well.... Cupra, LewisHamilton/Carlin team and ChipGanassi/Chevy are all quitting Extreme-E for 2024.
    Rumor is that one more team may quit in the next week. They are all saying they are curious about the plan for next year where the car will use Hydrogen (FIA is backing that too, some say "VW and Toyota" may be behind the move....???), but no commitments so far. Extreme-H will be the new name for 2025. The new car already had its shakedown, but on paved roads only (not sure if they went off road already for testing)
    Carl Cox Motorsport left the championship today. Thats FOUR teams.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Seems the almost complete subsidy from Extreme E themselves has been turned off, and with no other forms of income the teams have said ‘adios’….