Page 243 of 340 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3395
    Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    An Estonian rally fan walked into a bar to celebrate his countryman leading the points table for new events on the 2021 WRC calendar.
    Bit of a stretch to call the 2021 Safari Rally a 'returning event' and no way can the tarmac Rally Japan near Nagoya be seen as a return of the previous Hokkaido-based gravel event.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Bit of a stretch to call the 2021 Safari Rally a 'returning event' and no way can the tarmac Rally Japan near Nagoya be seen as a return of the previous Hokkaido-based gravel event.
    You make a very good point. Heading changed to be more appropriate. Thank you for highlighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KiwiWRCfan; 29th May 2021 at 07:14.
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

3. Likes: AnttiL (29th May 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    extreme-e broadcast improved 100% for this event happening right now in dakar.
    I was not impressed last time in saudi arabia but its pretty great right now haha
    especially this "rally" part (racing against the clock)

edit: jeeeez Kyle Leduc is so fun to watch! What a beast.
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 29th May 2021 at 13:07.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Paddon writes about Sardinia.

HP said there was a phone call to do the Sardinia Rally in a WRC a few weeks back, but the quarantine was not going to work. My guess is someone like Pirelli (Paddon uses Pirelli on his AP4+ car in NZ ) might have wanted to run the old Citroen or something.(Italian sponsored entry on the Italian wrc round).
    https://talkmotorsport.co.nz/rally/h...y-in-sardenga/

7. Likes: cali (3rd June 2021),Jewy46 (3rd June 2021),steve.mandzij (3rd June 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Im not paying for WRC+ this years cuz I lost my job so Im only watching that shitty RedBullTV's highlights coverage with lots of bla bla bla instead of showing the actual highlights like in WRC+ highlights...
    However I just realized that RedBullTV is actually using the WRC+ highlights this year!
    Any infos on that? I mean, I like WRC+ highlights better but that doenst sound like a "Gmbh thing".

Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Not trying to start another debate about Ostberg's comments and punishment, but simply a more general question. Are drivers obliged to take part in end of stage interviews or can the simply drive off if they wish? Also, if they are obliged to do so but still choose to drive off can they be punished for doing so or has this happened in the past? (apologies if this was already covered in the debate after Ostberg's comments)

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Not trying to start another debate about Ostberg's comments and punishment, but simply a more general question. Are drivers obliged to take part in end of stage interviews or can the simply drive off if they wish? Also, if they are obliged to do so but still choose to drive off can they be punished for doing so or has this happened in the past? (apologies if this was already covered in the debate after Ostberg's comments)
    At least Colin Clark has said repeatedly that they are not obliged to say anything, it's just a "promotional" opportunity they are given. And there are instances where the driver just drives off, if they have an issue.

11. Likes: Corcaíoch (17th June 2021),pantealex (17th June 2021),Sulland (17th June 2021)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Sorry I should have explained better, leaving because of an issue is understandable and reasonably common, I meant more if a driver simply drives off everytime? For example if Ostberg (or another driver) now decided not to bother with end of stage interviews at all.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Sorry I should have explained better, leaving because of an issue is understandable and reasonably common, I meant more if a driver simply drives off everytime? For example if Ostberg (or another driver) now decided not to bother with end of stage interviews at all.
    it happens, when they are particularly pissed off. still, I think sponsors warmly suggest to stop and show their hat. Also as personal branding for drivers, is better to show your face to fans if u want to engage them (meaning social followers, merch selling, attracting more sponsors, ...)
    then, as in ostberg case maybe, sometimes they just want to send messages with a bit of public pressure to manufacturers or suppliers.

14. Likes: Corcaíoch (17th June 2021)