Page 172 of 336 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3353
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    its a staged show so it does not matter.
    However you should have seen me and Simon competing on RBR some 15 yrs ago, and I had to admit he was faster...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I was surprised that old Fabia WRC is longer than Fabia R5.
    It was because the rules at that time forced the manufacturers to have 4+ meter long cars hence stock Fabia I RS had longer bumpers (it was even more extreme with 206 WRC).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: pantealex (24th February 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Daniel Elena prefers to highlight the pedagogical virtues of these videos: "It allows young [pilots] to learn faster. Where a crew put five Rally Finland to understand that he could jump a full gas hump, the new ones see instantly whether it's feasible or not. The older ones also benefit. Five-time defending champion Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta WRC) is watching Thierry Neuville's videos, and vice-versa. "And we will watch those of Ogier", complete "Danos". As a result, "the gaps between competitors are narrowing. The profession is evolving.

Julien Ingrassia, Sébastien Ogier's co-driver, is more critical. "It does not change the job, but it complicates the deal and it's a shame. When you are very strong in a special stage, it's easy for the boyfriends, the year after, to watch our camera. One does not ask anymore: "But how does it take us fifteen seconds on this special?" It loses its charm. There, everything is explicit. "

https://www.lemonde.fr/sports-mecani...2_1654646.html

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (24th February 2019)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Daniel Elena prefers to highlight the pedagogical virtues of these videos: "It allows young [pilots] to learn faster. Where a crew put five Rally Finland to understand that he could jump a full gas hump, the new ones see instantly whether it's feasible or not. The older ones also benefit. Five-time defending champion Sébastien Ogier (Ford Fiesta WRC) is watching Thierry Neuville's videos, and vice-versa. "And we will watch those of Ogier", complete "Danos". As a result, "the gaps between competitors are narrowing. The profession is evolving.

Julien Ingrassia, Sébastien Ogier's co-driver, is more critical. "It does not change the job, but it complicates the deal and it's a shame. When you are very strong in a special stage, it's easy for the boyfriends, the year after, to watch our camera. One does not ask anymore: "But how does it take us fifteen seconds on this special?" It loses its charm. There, everything is explicit. "

Look, Ogier is whining about something, how come?

7. Likes: Entertainer (25th February 2019)

I know.

We just gather the best drivers, let´s say on Bahamas every three weeks, letting them compete in DIRT 2,0. Followers around the world just have to get WRC+ and no problems to follow the incar.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts

After Monte 2017 where Ogier said he remembered that the corner where he went off into the field on SS12 was open on the outside you declared how it's impossible for drivers to remember corners on a rally stage. The majority of the people around here shared the view.

This was 2? years after onboards became publicly available on WRC+. Off course they also had own recce onboards long before that.

Since then we have had many confirmations that drivers indeed memorize the stages and now Leob/Elena who came back after a break talk in detail about it. First time they mentioned it was after Mexico a year ago and now after Sweden they talk quite a lot about it.

-----------------

What's there to learn? That the first 15 min/2 page response crowd of "so called experts" here is often wrong. That includes me who was convinced for quite a few rallies in start of 2017 how C3 was fine on gravel.

It's also looks like the "strongest" opinions are often the most wrong. "Toyota village team of nobodies" story is the most widely known, but there are many other examples.

Nothing wrong about posting own opinion on forum, but perhaps a bit less aggressivity towards other opinions and a bit less "huge" immediate conclusions are in place. That again counts for all, me included.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    After Monte 2017 where Ogier said he remembered that the corner where he went off into the field on SS12 was open on the outside you declared how it's impossible for drivers to remember corners on a rally stage. The majority of the people around here shared the view.

the discussion was something different.
    Some mates insist that Ogier knew from onboards,that he can take some more risks at some corners,because he knew that if he gets out of road,there will be no damage due to ''safe'' landing at these corners.

This it totally stupid,and different from the article i posted.
    Why its stupid, i have explained many times.

the discussion was something different.
    Some mates insist that Ogier knew from onboards,that he can take some more risks at some corners,because he knew that if he gets out of road,there will be no damage due to ''safe'' landing at these corners.

This it totally stupid,and different from the article i posted.
    Why its stupid, i have explained many times.
    Yeah. My quote was just something that came up.

Having said that, what do you mean "stupid"? Didn´t follow discussion about videos for recce at all ...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    To me this conversation does not make any sense from post to another, but I just wanna drop in and say that the Monte Carlo 2017 SS12 was driven (in a longer configuration) 2014-2016 so it's not like WRC+ onboards were necessary for learning the stage.

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (24th February 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    it's impossible for drivers to remember corners on a rally stage.
    It's hilarious someone to claim that. You should say not every driver, some drivers do that remarkably easy, like Rohrl in the article someone posted recently saying he remembers exactly 90 percent of the stages. This is phenomena in some people, they just remember instantly, the others need to learn, but surely they can do it if spend enough time.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

15. Likes: NickRally (25th February 2019),pantealex (25th February 2019),Rallyper (24th February 2019),tommeke_B (24th February 2019)