Page 219 of 336 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3353
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts

Crystal balls

Is it possible to upgrade an old crystal ball to be Covid capable ?
    Can anyone recommend a supplier of new Covid capable crystal balls ?
    Should 2021 Crystal ball predictions be limited to one prediction per person related to Covid event cancellations/changes ?
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

2. Likes: AnttiL (30th December 2020),pantealex (29th December 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

4. Likes: pantealex (30th December 2020),Rallyper (30th December 2020)
    Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Based on pure logic that thing is moving fast but based on the sensation of seeing it, it feels like something rather slow. If WRC one day will switch to electricity, would it be possible that someone else comes out with a competing series that uses screaming engines? Obviously that would rule out manufacturers, but if you can get enough media attention and eye balls, you have the chance of attracting money and as we all know, money makes the wheels turn. Just a stupid thought
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

7. Likes: cali (29th December 2020)
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Neither do I, but I started watching Gp1, 2, 3 & 4 cars so those are the cars I like the sound of. I don't like the sound of turbo cars popping banging and farting but people who started watching in the GpA & WRC eras like the sound of them. If electric cars beome the norm then the new generation will think that's what rally cars are supposed to sound like.

9. Likes: AnttiL (30th December 2020),Myrvold (2nd January 2021),NickRally (31st December 2020),skarderud (30th December 2020)
    Liked 158 Times in 85 Posts
    Ha. I normally have sound disabled on Facebook, I didn't realise what you were getting at until I saw the replies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    If electric cars beome the norm then the new generation will think that's what rally cars are supposed to sound like.
    Maybe one day, but it will take a long time.

Decided to check the cumulative viewership for Formula 1 and Formula E. Found numbers for the F1 2019 season and Formula E season 5 (start 2018 December). Formula E had 411 million cumulative viewers and there were 13 races. Formula 1 had 1,922 billion cumulative viewers and there were 21 races on calendar. Per race, the numbers are 91,52 million for F1 and 31,62 million for Formula E.

I think there's no other motorsport more behind the paywall than F1, so in that regard Formula E has an advantage.

And if someone is wondering about WRC viewership, then in 2019 it was about 850 million.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I would actually say those numbers are unexpectedly high for Formula E. A "new" series with comparatively no history, no mainstream (= main news) coverage and same cars for everyone (afaik, haven't been following) and not being the "ultimate" fastest car like F1.

As to the vid:

- without sound it looks like normal R5 vid, a bit slow (looks very slippery though)
    - until like 6s in the sound is very much like a normal R5 too
    - up to like 12s and out of the corner the sound is different but ok, after that it's too quiet

- it could use some sound improvement at longer distance so that spectators can follow what the driver is doing (on throttle, on brakes etc..) and for spectator safety, this has been mentioned before whether the cars should have some sound generator that "indicates" throttle.

13. Likes: wyler (30th December 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I would actually say those numbers are unexpectedly high for Formula E. A "new" series with comparatively no history, no mainstream (= main news) coverage and same cars for everyone (afaik, haven't been following) and not being the "ultimate" fastest car like F1.
    Agree that the numbers are surprisingly high, but in some article while looking for those numbers, it was said the majority of their followers are younger than 35 - "the ABB FIA Formula E Championship for its fifth season in 2018-19, the series claims 72 percent of its followers on social channels are under the age of 35."

Never really watched FE because it seemed dull (I know there's plenty of action in there) but they seem to be very strong online. It could play a major role nowadays. And FE live broadcasts their sessions on Youtube. Of course countries where the rights are sold, it's not possible to watch it.

Another thing is that the races happen in big cities (e.g. the next season - Rome, Paris, Seoul, Berlin, New York, London, Sanya, Mexico City, Santiago), so they affect bigger populations.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    - it could use some sound improvement at longer distance so that spectators can follow what the driver is doing (on throttle, on brakes etc..) and for spectator safety, this has been mentioned before whether the cars should have some sound generator that "indicates" throttle.
    For spectator safety there's a very cheap solution from the past, cow bells.

15. Likes: cali (30th December 2020)
    Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Lol at Colin Clark's WRC hits and misses in Motorsport News this week.

The guy has an ego the size of Hyundai's budget but the knowledge the size of M-Sport's budget.......

17. Likes: cali (1st January 2021),pantealex (1st January 2021),T16 (2nd January 2021)