Page 242 of 338 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3375
    Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    In your opinion, which company should assume WRC as the promoter?
    Ten years ago we had North One - and they weren't doing a great job. We all saw what a fantastic job Red Bull did with action sports, and people jumping to earth from space. Imagine if they got the WRC promoter job.
    Well shortly afterwards they did, and we expected great things....... They've only done okay - C+ could do better!! Far too much of the coverage is behind a paywall - that's never going to get more people interested. But that is their business model......and maybe why we only have 3 manufacturers for the new regs next year. The sport isn't visible enough.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: lmmjvss (14th May 2021),the sniper (15th May 2021)
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    I know rally fans like to live in the past , want the old brands back (subaru-mitsubish FFS!!) want way more privateers
    I want more brands, doesn't matter if old or new, 3 is the bare minimum, 2 is straight up depressing... Some privateers might fill a bit the gap left by the lack of manufacturers, but we don't have them either...

We know that younger fans only pay attention to drama and short clips on youtube.
    I'm not sure... the live, free races I follow on YouTube have always plenty of views and many people in the chats, in relation to the importance of the championship. GT World Challenge races and 24 hours of Nurburgring always have a good amount of views, even if the races aren't promoted that much. Even "small" championships like TCR Europe always have decent views.
    So I don't think young people aren't interest in longer products. If you look at the daily WRC higlights videos, you often see people complaining or being perplexed in the comments on why the highlights are so short. But if you put almost everything behind a pay wall, more people interested in the WRC will never arrive. In my opinion, a good start would be broadcasting at least a couple of stages per rally for free on YouTube, and make highlights videos longer than 1 minute. Locking everything behind a pay wall is like hiding yourself away from any possible newcomer.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (18th May 2021),lmmjvss (14th May 2021)
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    In your opinion, which company should assume WRC as the promoter?
    It's been a long time, but the best rally promotor i have ever seen is eurosport back in the IRC days.

6. Likes: cali (18th May 2021),Eli (18th May 2021),Gregor-y (20th May 2021),kure91 (21st May 2021),Myrvold (17th May 2021),pantealex (15th May 2021),Rally Hokkaido (16th May 2021),Rallyper (15th May 2021)
    Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    It's been a long time, but the best rally promoter i have ever seen is Eurosport back in the IRC days.
    Possibly - but don't forget, not every event had live coverage; only selected events, only the Monte had almost all stages live. Eurosport are still the promoter of the ERC - has that really been a success? 30 min late night highlights is a bit 'old school'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

8. Likes: AnttiL (19th May 2021),pantealex (18th May 2021),the sniper (18th May 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Is there any documentary showing the whooole process behind a rally event? Like... How does a promoter decides where to host the rally, all the meeting with the city, locals, how they get permissions to close the roads, what the people who live there think, all the stages being decided... It'd be so interesting. Thanks!

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Eurosport are still the promoter of the ERC - ...
    Speculation that RedbullTV will replace Eurosport as ERC Promoter from January 2022
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/wrc-p...unning-of-erc/
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Not sure if you guy are into new Tires and Wheels tech but this video have some of the concepts and products out there. I really wish WRC could look into this u'know? I bet theres something tire's brands could take from rally when it comes to "develop new tech". The "we need car manufacturers" are getting old IMO. I'd rather have tire and fuel brands having "teams" in WRC to test these new tire tech and e-fuels via competition. I know, its expensive as f* but its just a wish.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxVq3Fhf8E

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Doublepost
    Last edited by skarderud; 23rd May 2021 at 14:31.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

This trackmania Cheating Scandal Is Utterly Fascinating... And I have never seen these rally cars and stages on this game. This was very interesting to watch, even that I have never played that game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDUdGvgmKIw

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts

Who is performing best on the new WRC events

An Estonian rally fan walked into a bar to celebrate his countryman leading the points table for new events on the 2021 WRC calendar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

15. Likes: AnttiL (29th May 2021),EstWRC (29th May 2021)