Page 247 of 336 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3351
    Liked 12,163 Times in 5,216 Posts
    well my logic was only to add drivers who have competed every season in this era, but i can add them as well later if people are interested

E: added them for most of the categories
    Last edited by EstWRC; 18th October 2021 at 08:56.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: AnttiL (18th October 2021),cali (18th October 2021),lmmjvss (31st October 2021),pantealex (19th October 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Here in Czech Republic we are currently seeing a massive loss of entrants in rally events. Of course it's the end of the season and most of the fights are already decided but that's not the main reason. The economic problems (some covid related but mostly chip and energy crisis related) are hitting the motorsport very hard and it's likely that the next season will be very poor. Do you see similar trend in your countries?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: lmmjvss (31st October 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Here in Czech Republic we are currently seeing a massive loss of entrants in rally events. Of course it's the end of the season and most of the fights are already decided but that's not the main reason. The economic problems (some covid related but mostly chip and energy crisis related) are hitting the motorsport very hard and it's likely that the next season will be very poor. Do you see similar trend in your countries?
    This is a very good question that deserves its own topic, IMO!
    I checked some stats from the biggest championship in Argentina and the numbers are more or less the same. (it is way smaller and more "amateur" than rallying in europe tho)

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In Finland September had three and October one ”local” rallies with 150 cars each. In addition to the final round of Finnish championship (100) and WRC event with its side national event (80).

7. Likes: pantealex (2nd November 2021)
    Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    In Spain we had huge entries after the re-start because everyone was up for it, nowadays we have so many events each week (with re-scheduled events) that entries went down a bit, but I think nothing dramatic

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I also dont think that economic problems are the only problem. Of course it is not the best with economy, but it is related also to so many events in very short time. After later start of season and postponing the events to second half of the season, there is less and less crews which are doing whole championships and they are choosing events which they wants to start. It is also problem with similar situation in countries around, because some teams are renting cars to more competitors.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Looking at the results of the czech championship on ewrc, i see big no loss of entrants in any rally.
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/season/...zech-republic/

Here in belgium it depends. sSome rallies seem to have lost quite a few entries, mostly the big national ones. But the local rallies mostly seem to have remained stable.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    amazing story i didnt know!

“I more or less stood up on my chair in front of them and put my two hands on the table and said ‘OK, you feel that I am not able to do this job and you have some people that say so. I will find 10 times more people that will tell you that I am able to do that and I will prove you [wrong].”

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc...citroen-shock/

12. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (13th November 2021),Rallyper (24th November 2021)
    Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    https://twitter.com/WRCgerardquinn/s...719025156?s=20

The car that nearly never happened! There's a documented story to be told on this one, one day.......
    The results from 2017/18 alone are living proof that no one should ever give in to bullies.......trust me!

Interesting one! I wonder what the story is behind this?

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Queen of Speed - the Michele Mouton documentary is out now on Sky in the UK..

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/s...areer/6763000/

BBC interview (one hour in):
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0011rpl
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 24th November 2021 at 18:44.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (24th November 2021),the sniper (8th December 2021)