Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160
Results 1,591 to 1,598 of 1598
    Liked 428 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Since neuville, again, shit on his legs, with bold statements before the last race and bin it, is it time to build the car after Mikkelsens likings and give him more attention than this year? 3 year in the row neuville really stands out as an not so likely person.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    That, or they will let him go.
    He will have to swap team to get his speed back.

Ogier have now gotten the Ford to his liking, and them two shared a Polo a few years back, and both were quick in that one. So Ford might actually be a good solution for Andreas.
    www.parcferme.no

Liked 740 Times in 398 Posts
    If after being the nearly man for 7 or more years Mikkelsen still isn’t convincing as a WDC candidate, I can’t see Malcolm giving him a seat unless he has a big pile of cash when he next visits Cumbria.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,157 Times in 634 Posts
    Mikkelsen has done his 4th full season this year, how does that count to 7 I wonder?

WRC is full of "nearly men" in fact the only not "nearly men" are two Sebastiens.
    Latvala has been a nearly man for 12 full seasons and was getting beaten by Mikkelsen in same car.
    Meeke has never had the reliability needed and his best result in WDC is 5th, again beaten by Mikkelsen in same car on tarmac in his first outing.

Hyundai has to decide whether they went to spend money and time to adapt the car to him. If not then there is not much point hiring him in the first place.
    This year specially on tarmac thy simply didn't use resources on it. I dare say it cost them manu title.

Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts
    They could all 3 share the cars... Let's say this: Neuville all rounds, then each 9 rallies (Mikkelsen, Paddon, Sordo) and Huttunen one rally to fill the gap. Fair to all three and no need to add extra 4th car.

Liked 591 Times in 226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Mikkelsen has done his 4th full season this year, how does that count to 7 I wonder?
    He had quite a few nearly-full seasons as well which you're conveniently ignoring for the sake of talking him up as usual. His first WRC rally was GB 2006, 12 years ago and 2 years before Ogier's first. He was very young then for sure and maybe should have learnt in lower classes for longer as he didn't do well during those first few years, but its not like you can claim he has any lack of experience.

6. Likes: pantealex (Today),tommeke_B (Today)
    Liked 1,157 Times in 679 Posts
    Mikkelsen absolutely the 2018 disappointment. Second should be Evans, third Breen.

Full seat to Paddon next year is only natural for Huyndai.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: Rally Power (Today)
    Liked 740 Times in 398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    He had quite a few nearly-full seasons as well which you're conveniently ignoring for the sake of talking him up as usual. His first WRC rally was GB 2006, 12 years ago and 2 years before Ogier's first. He was very young then for sure and maybe should have learnt in lower classes for longer as he didn't do well during those first few years, but its not like you can claim he has any lack of experience.
    Thanks GB - I’d have said much the same. VW made him the anointed one giving him tons of Polo testing and the team building year in the Skoda with Ogier. 2 wins in 4 years with the class car in the game was a pretty accurate reflection of his abilities.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

10. Likes: EstWRC (Today),pantealex (Today),Rallyper (Today)
    Liked 69 Times in 38 Posts
    here are my conclusions based on the past few seasons and up to the just concluded 2018 season:
    Ogier, Neuville, Tanak ---these 3 have a reasonable chance at 2019 WDC and beyond. i think Tanak (mental/strategy) and Neuville (speed/mental) can both improve a bit more to make them even better. Ogier is a champion and knows what he needs to do to remain one, he needs to somehow keep motivated and mentally strong if he wishes to retain his championship next year and thereafter

Lappi, Suninen --- hard to say yet, need more driving time (full season or two) to fully develop and see where they really are in the scheme of things.

Paddon---i'm not sure if to put him in above or below section

Mikkelsen, Sordo, Ostberg, Breen, Evans, Latvala, Meeke --- each of them has some driving and/or personal obstacles to overcome to elevate themselves to the "next" level. Each of them is a unique case. If they don't improve, they will be forever be seen as number #2 drivers for one reason or the other.

Loeb --- he still has the driving ability/skill to be competitive, a true talent even at his age, but no desire to compete for a full season and i respect that. I believe he can still win individual rallies or get podiums when he does compete