Page 188 of 340 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3392
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    But in rally there are thousands of people who don't have a ticket and thus have no contractual obligation towards the promotor.
    Not quite. Rallies are held on closed roads and entering such area requires a) permission to enter that specific area and as an outcome of that b) accepting the rules (incl. media) the organizer has set.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2019)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Not quite. Rallies are held on closed roads and entering such area requires a) permission to enter that specific area and as an outcome of that b) accepting the rules (incl. media) the organizer has set.
    the thing is that most rally's are not held on closed of area that can be controlled. there are people living there, there are people wandering through the woods or vineyard, in france they can't even charge money so there's no access control.

point is that you can't accidentally or involuntary stumble onto a f1 race, but you can with a rally.
    if i can watch the cars without getting any kind of permission, whatever the reason i am able to do that, i have no legal obligations with anyone so nobody has anything to say over the video's and photos i make.

the thing is that most rally's are not held on closed of area that can be controlled.
    On roads that are not closed by a public authority?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

5. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2019)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    On roads that are not closed by a public authority?
    on public roads that are hundreds of kilometers long, have no fences or gates and have people living there.

on public roads that are hundreds of kilometers long, have no fences or gates and have people living there.
    But still being closed by public authority?

Liked 53 Times in 15 Posts
    You can not say that, that is not the same for every country.

9. Likes: Mirek (7th September 2019)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Based in Aberystwyth, the first closed road event in Wales offering 8 stages & 44 miles on classic roads in the region is Rali Bae Ceredigion, 7th/8th September 2019.

Walesrbcrally.co.uk and LIVE on https://www.facebook.com/specialstage tomorrow.

'Rali Live' will see world-class live reporting and action from the event hosted by WRC Live’s @Becsywecsy and @EmyrPenlan
    - live news from all stage ends and live action of ALL competitors on the stages with @SpecialStageuk.

https://rbcrally.co.uk/news/v/29-wor...age-announced/
    I'll be there! Really looking forward to it. Got a plan but I'll see the lay of the land in the morning...

Nice entry list for this though, with Tom Cave and Osian Pryce in R5 i20s, a few WRCs and 100+ others. https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries...redigion-2019/
    Last edited by the sniper; 7th September 2019 at 22:31.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th September 2019)
    Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    But still being closed by public authority?
    I don’t know in france, but in Spain the authority only allows you to close, but the closure is made by the organiser

Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    I don’t know in france, but in Spain the authority only allows you to close, but the closure is made by the organiser
    Yes, physically it's done by the organizers, but I would be surprised if there is a place in Europe where closing a road for rallying wouldn't require an approval from some public authority.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    I believe denkimi is on the right path. I don't think it is legally so straightforward with rallies. When there are tickets, yes. You in a way accept the terms and conditions set by the organiser, but without tickets or even fixed entry gates it gets trickier.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.