Page 246 of 247 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2466
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry I should have explained better, leaving because of an issue is understandable and reasonably common, I meant more if a driver simply drives off everytime? For example if Ostberg (or another driver) now decided not to bother with end of stage interviews at all.

Liked 217 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Sorry I should have explained better, leaving because of an issue is understandable and reasonably common, I meant more if a driver simply drives off everytime? For example if Ostberg (or another driver) now decided not to bother with end of stage interviews at all.
    it happens, when they are particularly pissed off. still, I think sponsors warmly suggest to stop and show their hat. Also as personal branding for drivers, is better to show your face to fans if u want to engage them (meaning social followers, merch selling, attracting more sponsors, ...)
    then, as in ostberg case maybe, sometimes they just want to send messages with a bit of public pressure to manufacturers or suppliers.

3. Likes: Corcaíoch (17th June 2021)
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
    How long it takes for a driver to complete the whole event "recce"? I mean, passing thru all of the stages.
    Cuz Racing at 150kmh it takes 2 hours to complete all stages
    Last edited by fiscorpun; 21st June 2021 at 20:42.

Liked 7,861 Times in 3,473 Posts

Rally Discussion and Bar Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    How long it takes for a driver to complete the whole event "recce"? I mean, passing thru all of the stages.
    Cuz Racing at 150kmh it takes 2 hours to complete all stages
    two days, occasionally three. They do two consecutive passes of each stage

6. Likes: fiscorpun (21st June 2021),pantealex (22nd June 2021)
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    two days, occasionally three. They do two consecutive passes of each stage
    Wow, thats a lot! WRC is the most "dificult" racing series in several aspects, right?
    From 2 to 3 days of recce to promotion (tv/internet/audience) to ALL the work on and with the streets, houses, locals, governments, public on the track, the access itself, helicopters, safety, rescue, marshalls...
    Its crazy to imagine all the work behind it! Amazing...

8. Likes: b3637853 (22nd June 2021)
    Liked 577 Times in 260 Posts
    A Welshman, a Spaniard, an Italian and a Norwegian/Swede walked into a Naivasha bar.
    "Guess it has been a tough morning at the rally lads. What would you like ?" asked the barman
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

10. Likes: Jewy46 (25th June 2021),pantealex (25th June 2021)
    Liked 7,861 Times in 3,473 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2021/06/...iii-1998-2003/

WRC Calendar History from 1998 to 2003. Introduction of Cyprus, Deutschland and Turkey, as well as a visit to China. The format changed here to clover leaf and single service park as well as into the weekend.

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
    Random... again:
    I was thinking about something kinda obvious but it was interesting to think about...
    World racing championships are always "on social media" posting content, promoting themselves, showing clips, posting those "Oh, we cant wait for the next round in 30 days" or nowdays posting engaging things...
    Same for American motorsport, but they focus more on the cars and drivers... I think? But its the same thing... every day on the internet.

BUT... when it comes to european championships like euro rally, euro motocross, euro rallycross, euro autocross, euro supermoto... they dont spend much time on "content" and "promotion". It looks more all about the racing, not the "propaganda". I mean, erc is the biggest european championship among these mentioned and you see one thing or another regarding "next race this weekend" but it is almost nothing compared to world and american series.
    And I like to think that I respect THIS a lot... Idk, its getting tired the "you have to post things every day to stay relevant". Idk... I know its good because of sponsorships and stuff.. but hey... great job european championships!

13. Likes: NickRally (1st July 2021)
    Liked 842 Times in 303 Posts

Max and Jos Verstappen having some fun with an Evo and Citroen C3 R5 at Weeze Airport Germany.
    Jos has been into rallying for fun for a while now and bought these cars and Max joined him last monday

15. Likes: Mirek (9th July 2021),pantealex (8th July 2021),the sniper (8th July 2021)
    Liked 7,293 Times in 3,846 Posts
    GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED RALLY STAGE LIVE STREAM

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...e-live-stream/

17. Likes: NickRally (11th July 2021)