Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Again, I say that the old RAC never covered the whole country, and that short routes are symptomatic more generally of a malaise in modern rallying.
    You genally had Kielder, and Wales, with in between on the same event. Thats the whole country in rally terms.
    In fact in the Network Q days, with the Cheltnham start. You had the statley homes, then 3 days in Wales. And that worked. People traveld down from up north, so what was the diffrance, other than the rip of price these days.
    Steve

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Last round of the championship, Rally Wales, is leaving Cardiff and moving to Wrexham.

Source: Wales Rally GB verlässt Cardiff*:: rallye-magazin.de

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    Last round of the championship, Rally Wales, is leaving Cardiff and moving to Wrexham.

Source: Wales Rally GB verlässt Cardiff*:: rallye-magazin.de
    This is just a bit of lazy journalism re-treading the newspaper story that is the first post in this thread. As Fly Half said, in more basic welsh, - Wrexham is not a very nice place!! I'll believe a start and finish in Llandudno when I see it!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just read through this thread then and i have to agree with the reason why it's going down the pan a bit, ticket prices are crazy i can only afford to make it to a few stages due to the price of tickets. i live 5 miles away from cardiff and i've never seen a single bit of promotion or something advertising the event not even a week before it starts. I feel like the wrc is dying off a bit it's not been the same since they've gone down to being 1.6's to many restrictions and not enough promotion is destroy the sport i love and grow up watching.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt91
    Just read through this thread then and i have to agree with the reason why it's going down the pan a bit, ticket prices are crazy i can only afford to make it to a few stages due to the price of tickets. i live 5 miles away from cardiff and i've never seen a single bit of promotion or something advertising the event not even a week before it starts. I feel like the wrc is dying off a bit it's not been the same since they've gone down to being 1.6's to many restrictions and not enough promotion is destroy the sport i love and grow up watching.
    I have to say I pretty much agree with this. I think the new cars are a real step down for the WRC. I hope they are proving cheaper cos I feel the WRC isn't really the WRC so much anymore with the 1.6 cars. It doesn't help that the WRC suffers from a lack of truly top drivers, unlike F1. It's funny how a decade or so ago it was the other way round. The WRC had a massive glut of champions and winners and F1 only had a few (one?) truly creme de la creme driver.

I'll also bring up the topic of Superrally again. Dear FIA, I respectfully ask that you bin it as soon as and allow 3 cars to be nominated for points - for those teams who wish to do so.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.