Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dang, that Nibali is something. One thing I really feel sorry about is Nico Roche losing all that time when he crashed and then had to wait around for Contador who to me never looked comfortable. Froome got caught in the most unfortunate of accidents. Poor guy must have been in agony. Good guy and seems to be well liked by everyone except Sir Bradly (sic). Suspicious of that guy. Why no more tours. The Yates kids seem good. Dan Martin would have been a good rival for Nibali. Although I do believe he is on drugs, there is a suspicion for me at least about all these guys coming from nowhere. Same thing at the Giro.
    One thing that was great at this tour was the start. The French could not match the enthusiasm of the launch in the UK. What amazing crowds. Sad to see Cavendish fall. He was lucky not to have been killed. The amount of energy when he hit the ground on his back made me cringe. Classy the way he took the blame.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I too was surprised by the British crowds, as much I was surprised by the Irish, when the Giro started there. Just amazing !!!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Went to the Giro start (days 1 and 2) and went to the Grand depart (all three days) and had a great time on both occasions. The tour has been great for as its turned out completely different thow I thought it would pan out. I'm not sure about Nibali, he was amazing in the run up to his Giro win last year and has been pretty rubbish since then. They do say it takes a year to recover from winning a grand tour so maybe he was about to come back into form anyway. I suppose we'll never know how he would have faired if everyone else hadn't faltered but you cant hold that against him as he's won four stages and thats no mean feat.

For me the two days in Yorkshire were the best of all. Even better that I live in Yorkshire and can relive it whenever I want to.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

4. Likes: pino (25th July 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    For me the two days in Yorkshire were the best of all. Even better that I live in Yorkshire and can relive it whenever I want to.
    Go on then . I think I will have to tackle the likes of Buttertubs again at some point!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark, who covers the tour for you and who are your commentators?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco View Post
    Mark, who covers the tour for you and who are your commentators?
    Main coverage is ITV4 (available on all UK TVs) the presenters are Chris Boardman and Ned Boulting who are very good. The commentators are Paul Sherwan and Phil Liggit.

On satellite there is Eurosport too.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    Legendary Tourmaliet today, 7 km to finish line, Nibali in the front alone !!! This guy must be on drugs
    My thoughts exactly, not sure that either Froome or Contador would have got close (although I suspect that they're also on the 'roids)
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I know its quite poor, but here is a video I took while nearly getting crashed into by the tour.

When it came through Chelmsford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnv6RID26SM
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy