Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Failures

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    What about Noel Edmonds being involved with the works Mazda team in 1994, under the banner of 'Crinkley Bottom Motor Club'?
    Also touted as running Mondeos at one point, I think.

A link to that team was the Team Magic Mazda 323 for 1995. After building a 323 for Team Dynamics to race in the 94 World Cup from the internals salvaged from Matt Neal's Xedos crash, RD Motorsport built another one for 1995, to be driven by Slim Borgudd. It was even on the entry list, but never appeared, although the car did exist and has done some club racing, then featured in the Silverstone Classic last year. Super Touring Register : Mazda Lantis / 323F
    Surprised how modern that car still looks today — so long as you can't see the horrible nose!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Very good. I haven't been able to find out whether MCT ran the BMWs for Harvey and Bell (the latter also having been a possible driver, along with Hardman, for the MCT BTCC effort?) in the Asia-Pacific series.

Talking of Lagunas, it must also be recalled that there were suggestions of Alain Prost driving one of the works cars, I think in 1994 or '95 — not denied by Prost himself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    This one made it to the 2005 entry list - "Team FirstServe Group" entered the #33 S2000 Civic with a TBA driver. I think Batchelor planned to race it in rounds that didn't clash with his WTCC efforts (remember "Brilliance"?!)
    Ah yes that Brilliance entry, at one stage wasn't Anthony Reid linked to driving it? Clearly the WTCC organisers allowed a Brilliance road car to be put on display at the beginning of the season right between the RML Chevy and the Schnitzer BMW http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/122086.jpg

For the 2004 BTCC season didn't Bachelor originally plan to upgrade his two production-class Peugeot 307s to Super 2000 spec?
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    Ah yes that Brilliance entry, at one stage wasn't Anthony Reid linked to driving it? Clearly the WTCC organisers allowed a Brilliance road car to be put on display at the beginning of the season right between the RML Chevy and the Schnitzer BMW http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/122086.jpg
    VLR were meant to run the cars... once Vic got arrested early 2005 the Chinese probably got scared off!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I seem to remember Colin Gallie on the 1999 entry list with a BMW that never happened.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    VLR were meant to run the cars... once Vic got arrested early 2005 the Chinese probably got scared off!
    Vic's arrest also had a knock-on effect for the BTCC in 2005, I think VLR was going to run its two Peugeot 307s converted to run on LPG for John George and another driver.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    For the 2004 BTCC season didn't Bachelor originally plan to upgrade his two production-class Peugeot 307s to Super 2000 spec?
    Yes, supposedly with Woolworths sponsorship too. But the cars never got out of the Tom Boardman Racing workshop.

Peugeot - Triple R - Championship winning race preparation
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jason Hughes allagedly replacing his MG for a Honda Integra in 2008 can also be classed as a failure I guess...
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If only....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought some people may be interested in these pics.