Page 4 of 227 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

Re: Citroen WRT

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Still, much better line-up than last year Sordo-Mikko duo. This team can atleast guarantee speed, because last years's duo wasn't able to guarantee neither speed or consistency.
    Sorry but are You joking? I have nothing against Meeke and Ostberg but some common sense in Your statement would be welcome...

You said Sordo and Hirvonen couldn't guarantee speed and consistency...

Together they won 16 WRC events (15 Hirvonen, 1 Sordo) and reached 102 WRC podiums (66 Hirvonen, 36 Sordo). They finished on WRC podium in 39% of all their starts (44% Hirvonen, 33% Sordo). Hirvonen finished 84% of events he started, Sordo 83%. All stats including starts with lower tier cars.

Fact is that Ostberg and Meeke are nowhere near that record. Of course they can do well but praising them as clearly better than Hirvonen and Sordo is at the moment very very exaggerated.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts

did they change their livery for next year?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Still, much better line-up than last year Sordo-Mikko duo. This team can atleast guarantee speed, because last years's duo wasn't able to guarantee neither speed or consistency.
    Sorry but are You joking? I have nothing against Meeke and Ostberg but some common sense in Your statement would be welcome...

Together they won 16 WRC events (15 Hirvonen, 1 Sordo) and reached 102 WRC podiums (66 Hirvonen, 36 Sordo). They finished on WRC podium in 39% of all their starts (44% Hirvonen, 33% Sordo). Hirvonen finished 84% of events he started, Sordo 83%. All stats including starts with lower tier cars.

Fact is that Ostberg and Meeke are nowhere near that record. Of course they can do well but praising them as clearly better than Hirvonen and Sordo is at the moment very very exaggerated.
    Clearly statistics support your opinion. However looking at last year Mikko had an abnormal number of mistakes, and so did Sordo.
    Looking at last years results solo paints a very different picture
    Let's not talk about speed either, because that was even worse.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    did they change their livery for next year?
    Not based on the first team photos published
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbnOCwVIQAAM9Aw.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbnQfdkIEAAmCiu.jpg

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek

Clearly statistics support your opinion. However looking at last year Mikko had an abnormal number of mistakes, and so did Sordo.
    Looking at last years results solo paints a very different picture
    Let's not talk about speed either, because that was even worse.
    And Ostberg's season was so much better then?

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Rolls should be counted next season...

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordini
    Contratule to Meeke and Ostberg with new job.
    2014 will be fun, with no french and no finn!
    Vive l'entente cordiale - It's the best thing that the Citroen will have Union Jacks on it somewhere!!
    Would really prefer it without both the Union Jack and Crash Meeke. You just know that Citroën isn't serious with the WRC commitment with that line-up.
    I also felt that Citroen with that lineup maybe not taking this season seriously. Mads wont be their favorite on tarmac events, I am not sure how Kris perform on tarmac, is he fast on tarmac as well? From this year lineup, it seems both M-Sport and Citroen does not have a tarmac expert driver.

Also, any news from today press of Citroen Racing about their program in WRC in the forthcoming years?

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts

Yes Kris Meeke has been fast all his career on tarmac. We need to wait to see if he will carry that into WRC with Citreon but he will comfortably faster than Mads on the black stuff. BTW where were you Frostmourne in 2009,2010 when Meeke was in irc , did you not follow irc no ? He won ypres on his first attempt and his performance on the 2nd day in Samero 2009 was superb to win him the championship. I await to be shot down by some on here, but with Thierry and Dani Sordo both in hyundai il state IMO Meeke will be 2nd fastest driver on tarmac next year- close with Jari-Matti.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne
    I also felt that Citroen with that lineup maybe not taking this season seriously. Mads wont be their favorite on tarmac events, I am not sure how Kris perform on tarmac, is he fast on tarmac as well? From this year lineup, it seems both M-Sport and Citroen does not have a tarmac expert driver.
    Let's face it; Citroen weren't going to win either title with the team of Mikko and Dani. They won't win either with Meeke and Ostberg either but at least it's a different strategy, and besides I don't see anyone available who could take on Ogier and VW unless Loeb wanted to make a comeback.

Maybe Kubica will be nominated for tarmac rounds for Ford?

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Let's face it; Citroen weren't going to win either title with the team of Mikko and Dani. They won't win either with Meeke and Ostberg either but at least it's a different strategy, and besides I don't see anyone available who could take on Ogier and VW unless Loeb wanted to make a comeback.

Maybe Kubica will be nominated for tarmac rounds for Ford?
    I think Kubica will be registered as different team.