Page 212 of 228 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2276

Thread: Citroen WRT

  1. #2111
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    20,819
    Like
    6,386
    Liked 8,627 Times in 3,488 Posts
    One weird thing is also what I posted yesterday. CitroŽn had much higher top speed on the SS1 than all others. I wonder if they realy need it. With all those hairpins and junctions the shorter gearing shall be probably better (Toyota had the lowest top speed on the SS1).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. #2112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    359
    Like
    11
    Liked 88 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    One weird thing is also what I posted yesterday. CitroŽn had much higher top speed on the SS1 than all others. I wonder if they realy need it. With all those hairpins and junctions the shorter gearing shall be probably better (Toyota had the lowest top speed on the SS1).
    Not sure if this was the case in first loop, but in second loop Ford had 197 km/h
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. Likes: Mirek (23rd August 2019)
  4. #2113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    981
    Like
    0
    Liked 564 Times in 300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    One weird thing is also what I posted yesterday. CitroŽn had much higher top speed on the SS1 than all others. I wonder if they realy need it. With all those hairpins and junctions the shorter gearing shall be probably better (Toyota had the lowest top speed on the SS1).
    Gearboxes are linked to some other rally aren't they? I would assume they will use this one in Spain?

  5. #2114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    810
    Like
    0
    Liked 306 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    One weird thing is also what I posted yesterday. CitroŽn had much higher top speed on the SS1 than all others. I wonder if they realy need it. With all those hairpins and junctions the shorter gearing shall be probably better (Toyota had the lowest top speed on the SS1).
    I seen Toyota with 198kmh.. and Citroen was on limiter at 190kph today.

  6. #2115
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    20,819
    Like
    6,386
    Liked 8,627 Times in 3,488 Posts
    Interesting, I admit I didn't have time to watch much today. Yesterday it was different.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  7. #2116
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    8,887
    Like
    3,962
    Liked 7,808 Times in 3,255 Posts
    #8 Ott Tšnak - Martin Jšrveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  8. #2117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Estonia/Winland
    Posts
    41
    Like
    1
    Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I noticed the same when i watched ogier test video.

  9. #2118
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    99
    Like
    19
    Liked 94 Times in 40 Posts
    Wing looks like same as in Germany, but what the heck is in the rear diffuser area. Diffuser doesn't stick out anymore. There seems to be visible exhaust pipes. Maybe that explains strange engine sounds in videoclips.

  10. #2119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,246
    Like
    7,924
    Liked 12,795 Times in 5,653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    Wing looks like same as in Germany, but what the heck is in the rear diffuser area. Diffuser doesn't stick out anymore. There seems to be visible exhaust pipes. Maybe that explains strange engine sounds in videoclips.
    maybe its the system with more/bigger silencers to reduce noise.

  11. #2120
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    99
    Like
    19
    Liked 94 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    maybe its the system with more/bigger silencers to reduce noise.
    Just noticed it was mentioned in previous page. Didn't know they use such things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •