Page 202 of 227 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Lappi better up his game. Seriously. The whole gameplan of 2019 for Citroen was to have two strong drivers so Seb II could focus on retaining the crown while Lappi would block vital points from other title contenders.

On the other hand, this is not 1997 when Armin Schwarz could be sacked in favor of Juha Kankkunen after six rallies.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Lappi better up his game. Seriously. The whole gameplan of 2019 for Citroen was to have two strong drivers so Seb II could focus on retaining the crown while Lappi would block vital points from other title contenders.

On the other hand, this is not 1997 when Armin Schwarz could be sacked in favor of Juha Kankkunen after six rallies.
    No, it's not even a year after Citroen sacked Meeke in favour of Mads Ostberg.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    No, it's not even a year after Citroen sacked Meeke in favour of Mads Ostberg.
    I'd say they sacked Meeke to spare funds and use them for development (with Loeb) to attract Ogier. Which they managed.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I'd say they sacked Meeke to spare funds and use them for development (with Loeb) to attract Ogier. Which they managed.
    Either way, my point being not much difference from 1997-2018.

Either way, my point being not much difference from 1997-2018.
    I think you're cutting corners there. Case Meeke was a different story altogether (with bad PR, high hopes turned into failure, not even mentioning the driver profile). In 1997 (not that it would be that relevant in this topic, but anyway) there were likes of Kankkunen, Thiry and Vatanen on the sidelines without a contract, and bunch of rookies like Grönholm and Rådström waiting to be signed by someone. Now there probably isn't anyone other than Breen, who would have absolutely zero contractual obligations towards competing teams (and Östberg ofcourse in case of Citroen).
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

I stand by my last comment, not much difference between 1997-2018.
    1997-2019 however, maybe a little different, but you can trust Citroen?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think another important point was to get rid of their number one driver to send a clear message to the big bosses that they need a new one. Anyway, it's quite far-fetched to say they sacked Meeke in favour of Østberg. He would have driven some rallies anyway and now just got more of them.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Lappi finished 2nd in his second rally with the car (guess you forgot?). Sure with a large bit of luck after that near roll on Friday.

Also here he was quite fast before crashing (discarding the stage with puncture). Anyway I don't see him getting fired before the end of the year with the current situation on the driver market. They could use Østberg on some gravel rally, but Lappi is usually good on same types of rallies as Østberg is.
    Yeah all right... Except for fast sisu oriented rallies he has struggled to get past 5th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think another important point was to get rid of their number one driver to send a clear message to the big bosses that they need a new one. Anyway, it's quite far-fetched to say they sacked Meeke in favour of Østberg. He would have driven some rallies anyway and now just got more of them.
    How is that far fetched. Fact is they sacked Meeke. They then put Ostberg in the car, be it because there were no one else available or not, he was still favoured to drive the car rather than retain Meeke.

How is that far fetched.
    Because the decision was to ditch Meeke, not to make room for Østberg to have more rallies.

11. Likes: AnttiL (29th April 2019),pantealex (29th April 2019)